Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for uninstalling Autodesk applications remotely/silently

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
austen6YTFR
210 Views, 0 Replies

Solution for uninstalling Autodesk applications remotely/silently

ODIS requires a string from the registry to uninstall any Autodesk applications. This makes uninstalling apps silently impossible (according to a number of posts on here at least).

I have created a solution to this. The below Powershell script will get the relevant string from the registry, strip out what is not needed and run it in CMD. 

I have tested this using an admin account and the SYSTEM user on TrueView 2023,24&25. I have not yet tried other Autodesk applications but it should work in theory. Replace TrueView 2024 in the first line with whatever application you want to uninstall silently. 

There might be an easier way to do this (it feels a bit hacky), but it gets the job done.

$uninstallCommand = Get-ChildItem -Path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall, HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall | Get-ItemProperty | Where-Object {($_.DisplayName -match "TrueView 2024") -and ($_.Publisher -match "Autodesk")} | Select-Object -Property UninstallString |  Out-String -Width 500  
$uninstallCommand =($uninstallCommand -split '\r?\n')[3] 
$uninstallCommand = $uninstallCommand.Insert(0,"""")
$uninstallCommand = $uninstallCommand.Insert(50,'" -q')

& "cmd.exe" /c $uninstallCommand

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report