Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seem to have several problems.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
212 Views, 5 Replies

Seem to have several problems.

Was using acad 2016 lt the morning picking up some redlines.. Everything was working fine. Finished what i was doing. Closed acad. Little while later i started working on another project. While acad was booting, an error popped up. Says that my copy isnt activated, get an administrator to activate.

Tried everything and cant get past activation. Deleted and reinstalled. Still the same. 

1. I have a seat on my employers account. In an effort to fix the problem, he deleted that seat. CANNOT add me back now. He fills out the box to add new user, hits ok. the window opens to a blank screen with a spinning wheel in the middle and that is it. name can be seen in the window behind the loading window that never loads. Inevitably, i am not added to the user list.

2. Originally the license was for 2015 lt. we upgraded to 2016. The # shown in the activation window was 057h1. Our license said 057g1. I tried to install 2015 lt first then activate with my key but said i was wrong when i entered g1 for 2015. H1 was ok. still wouldnt activate. Uninstalled that and downloaded 2016 lt. same result. Uninstalled and deleted all related folders/subfolders and ran disk cleanup. rebooted. did the web install. same results. 

My employers account email (xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com ) may need to be re-synced to allow me to be added to a seat.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

First thing..  This is a world wide user based forum..  You really shouldn't share personal information here...   ALso this is not the place to request Autodesk to sync accounts.  You need to log a support case through your Autodesk Account.  But the person who is resetting you seat..  Try another browser like firefox or chrome.  IF you are stuck with IE, then you may need to temporary allows Active X and etc to work.

In the end I will tag @natasha.l to see if she can assist with your account.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Not much that some one can do with just an email address. but thanks for the uninvited scolding... also this the installation and licensing forum. which is what we are doing. if u cat actually help some one u probably shouldnt reply.

Message 4 of 6
natasha.l

Thank you @Mark.Lancaster for reaching out.

Hello @Anonymous,

I can look into this for you. When the issue is resolved I will follow up with you, so you can verify that it is up and running. 

Message 5 of 6
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Not much that some one can do with just an email address. but thanks for the uninvited scolding... also this the installation and licensing forum. which is what we are doing. if u cat actually help some one u probably shouldnt reply.

First of all I volunteer my time here and help countless people on this forum on a daily basis.  I'm not an Autodesk Employee and thus I can't do anything with your account (I don't have access to it). I'm a user just like yourself.
Although Autodesk does monitor this forum..  This is a user based forum where users are assisting other users like yourself.  Its not a formal way of contacting Autodesk for support.  We the users will try to do our best to assist you but if there's a problem with your company's account or subscription we can't do anything about it.  That's why I tagged @natasha.l.  She is from Autodesk and that's what I call helping you get an answer/solution.   Your posting may have been overlooked.  Wouldn't want someone to assist you?  Smiley Wink

Secondly.. In this forum a lot of personal information is shared.  Yes in your case its only an email but that address can be used to spam and do you really want that?  A lot of people come here posting all their personal information such as serial #, cell phone #s and etc. because they think its Autodesk.    In the end I don't really care but its not my personal information I'm sharing with the world..  Smiley Very Happy

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 6
natasha.l

Hello @crogers,

Thank you for your patience. The user has now been added to the account you indicated for the email you provided in your original post. Please confirm that this has been resolved by visiting the Autodesk Account. Have a great day! Smiley Happy

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report