Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
321 Views, 10 Replies

revit

I m trying to install revit 2018 but it will not complete the procces has an error

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

And you didn't think it was important to share this error message?  Providing minimal details will not help us, to help you.  Smiley Wink

The more information you provide the faster we can assist you..

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Attached are the errors I am getting trying to install Revit on my desktop
Message 4 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Nothing is attached.  Are you using your email system to reply?  If so, don't.  Come back to the forums and reply there and use the tools provided

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Where is this forum at? Is there a phone number I can call?
Message 6 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Its in the same spot when you created your original request..  https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/revit/m-p/7512324#M192669

Mark Lancaster

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Did you see the attatch files of the errors

Message 8 of 11
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

First you need to be careful of what you show in your images.  I wouldn't think individuals that email you, would want their contact info shared out in a world wide user forum..  Smiley Wink

Secondly, an image of a failed installation is no use to us.. However in that same message of a failed installation, is a link to your installation log file. That's crucial in determining the root cause of a failed installation. At this point we can only speculate what the issue is.. So post your installation log file if you are still having an issue. If you do end up posting your installation log file, make sure to review it first to ensure there's no personal information such as your serial # in it.  Personal information such as your serial # should never be shared here.

Mark Lancaster

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

I replied through the chat did you receive anything
Message 10 of 11
natasha.l

Hello @emarquez,

Welcome to the Installation & Licensing forum, I understand that you tired our chat support. 

We can help you here in the forum if you'd like, if you tried using a Download Now or Install Now you should try a more effective method called Browser Download.

I have listed some steps to prepare your system for download and installation in case you run into a problem. 

1. Conduct a Clean Uninstall of the application & use the MSfixitTool to complete it
  2. Reboot the computer & log in as a Windows Administrator 
  3. Clean out the TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Start Menu and hit Enter 
  4. Temporarily disable security settings like Antivirus, Firewall & UAC on your Windows operating system
  5. Use the Browser Download Method in your Autodesk Account or via the Autodesk Virtual Agent (download all the parts)

If you would like to reach someone via chat for installation help, please try to access an agent >here< & click the chat option. 

Please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 11 of 11
natasha.l

Hello @emarquez

Just checking in with you, hope you were able to resolve this. Let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Remember to please “Accept As Solution” if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report