Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit installation Error 10

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
ssant192
2614 Views, 20 Replies

Revit installation Error 10

Greetings everyone,

I am running Windows 11 on my Macbook parallel and have been attempting to install Revit 2025. 

The install usually reaches around 9%, after which it randomly cancels and gives an 'Error 10". 

I have tried all attempts at updating windows, running commands in terminal and speaking with Autodesk support staff who unfortunately have done little to help.

I was told by a Live Agent that my case would need to be moved to the technical department and within 2-3 days I would receive an email, which has of course not happened. they have only referred me to the forum where people have previously discussed this error, however these have not seemed to work. 

If anyone has overcome this issue or a similar one, do let me know!

Thanks.

Tags (2)
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
handjonathan
in reply to: ssant192

Hi @ssant192 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   Can you try the below?

To workaround this issue perform the following steps : 

• Restart the computer.
  • Download the latest version of the Autodesk Licensing Service for macOS and install it.
  • Retry the Autodesk installation
  • If it fails again, run the application installer from Terminal using the following command:
    • Type in Sudo Open \path to application installer and hit enter/return on keyboard.

We look forward to hearing back from you with more information so we can help you as a community! 

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Message 3 of 21
ssant192
in reply to: handjonathan

I have tried this before as stated and in terminal it tells me 'no application knows how to open URL'. 

Message 4 of 21
Simon_Weel
Message 5 of 21
ssant192
in reply to: Simon_Weel

Yes, this also did not help

Message 6 of 21
pendean

@ssant192 wrote:

...I was told by a Live Agent that my case would need to be moved to the technical department and within 2-3 days I would receive an email, which has of course not happened....

Keep calling. Then again. and again.

@ssant192 wrote:

...I am running Windows 11 on my Macbook parallel...

Try Parallels Support, and the Parallels User Forums in the interim.

Message 7 of 21
mdavis22569

Hi @ssant192 

Sometimes the 2-3 days a bit longer. Especially around holidays.  

Quick question, how did you download it for installation?  Was it the Webinstaller or was it the multiple download? 

Can you try this offline installer:

P1:

https://efulfillment.autodesk.com/NetSWDLD/ODIS/prd/2025/RVT/686CE2A3-7C33-3AD5-806A-75A6E648117F/SF...

P2:
https://efulfillment.autodesk.com/NetSWDLD/ODIS/prd/2025/RVT/686CE2A3-7C33-3AD5-806A-75A6E648117F/SF...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 8 of 21
ssant192
in reply to: mdavis22569

The first link helped me and the install worked. Thank you!

Message 9 of 21
u0782123

Hi there, I'm also having the same issues as OP has. I tried walking through each of these steps with no success. Is there any other recommendations you fine folks have?

Message 10 of 21
pendean
in reply to: u0782123

@u0782123 wrote:

Hi there, I'm also having the same issues as OP has. I tried walking through each of these steps with no success. Is there any other recommendations you fine folks have?

Log into your PC as an all new never-seen-before user with full admin control, then try it again. 

OR... try it on a second PC.

After that... you'll need to find an experienced IT group to tackle it all for you.

HTH

Message 11 of 21
juliusgUFDC7

Need help with similar problem.

I am trying to install Revit 2025 on VMware Fusion 13 Windows 11 VM and I am also getting the same Error 10.

Message 12 of 21

Hi Johnathan,

I have a Macbook pro 2023 with M2 pro chip and i cannot also install Revit as it is going up to only 9% and then saying "error 10"... I need to sort this out asap for a university assignment. How can I get help on this?

Please 

Message 13 of 21
ssant192
in reply to: mchi0048F25QA

Hey, were you able to try the links @mdavis22569  provided?

The first one worked for me 

Message 14 of 21
juliusgUFDC7

I tried downloading directly from autodesk, then tried these links, but it does not work, i get the same error message.

Message 15 of 21
mdavis22569

@juliusgUFDC7    My links are giving you an issue too? 

Can you try deleting all of the downloads. 

Delete the C\Autodesk data, files, folders relating to Revit 2025

Clean out the %temp% folder for Windows. 

Make sure the anti-Virus is off.

Please download my links again. From there, extract them to your C:\Autodesk as prompted. Let us know what happens please

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 16 of 21
aida_zs

i have the same issue and the link doesn't work any other suggestions?

Message 17 of 21
aida_zs
in reply to: mchi0048F25QA

were you able to install it?

i have the same issue

Message 18 of 21
juliusgUFDC7

@mdavis22569 I tried everything you suggested, but I get the same Error 10. Reinstalled windows arm several times, tried these links on freshly installed windows 11s, but it also didn't help.

I am using VMware, not Parallels, maybe that's the main issue

Message 19 of 21
mdavis22569

I would look at that .. and you pointed something out:

When you mentioned: Windows Arm.... 

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Autodesk-Revit-201...).

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 20 of 21
bim06YCY7S

Hi! The second link worked to me. 

But I still need 2024 version. Do you have it ?

Thank a lot 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report