Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2024.2 Cancelling installation stuck at 3% + cannot install 'missing rvt.msi' error.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
divanciucova
688 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2024.2 Cancelling installation stuck at 3% + cannot install 'missing rvt.msi' error.

• While uninstalling Revit 2024 I've encountered the 'missing rvi.msi' issue. Confused about what I should do, I clicked cancel and Revit continued to uninstall. I then uninstalled all the Revit 2024-connected products that I could find in the Control Panel.
  • Installing Revit again, again encountering the 'missing rvi.msi' popup at 53%. Clicked cancel again and Revit continued to install, asking for the missing rvt.msi again sometime later. Then, as expected, it completely stopped at 97%. It took about 4 hours to reach 97%.
  • Clicked 'Cancel installation' and waited 6 more hours for the progress bar to roll back towards 0. It did not, having stuck/slowed down at about ~ 50%. I had to force close it and shut down my machine.
  • Trying to install Revit 2024 again - this time I tried following these steps. I could not uninstall ALL of the Revit products because I require them for work and cannot risk losing a day with installation issues. I've deleted the Revit 2024 folders in Program Files, Programdata and Appdata, deleted only the registry keys specified in the article (there were other keys with 'Revit  2024' in the name still present). Cleaned the Temp files, rebooted.
  • Current situation: The installation is again asking for rvt.msi > Cancelling installation > Cancelling stuck at 3%.

What should I do now?

• Can I force close the unresponsive installation?
  • The Program Files is still full of stuff, DLLs, .exe and others. How can I safely remove it if the uninstaller doesn't work?
  •  
Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Simon_Weel
in reply to: divanciucova

Try a clean uninstall: How to perform a Clean Uninstall of Autodesk products on Windows

But why did you uninstall Revit in the first place?

Message 3 of 5
divanciucova
in reply to: Simon_Weel

Thanks, as explained earlier, I cannot possibly uninstall ALL the Autodesk products because it will take me a couple of days and I cannot risk losing them like I lost Revit 2024. At least now I can do some other work in other versions.

I uninstalled Revit 2024 because I had a custom Dynamo build that was no longer working with 2024. I thought that re-installing Revit would be faster than figuring out the version combo (it was a bad idea, I know).

Message 4 of 5
divanciucova
in reply to: Simon_Weel

> Try a clean uninstall
I might need to do this eventually, but I'm confused how I can clean uninstall if the uninstall is not working (stuck)?

Can I just delete the Program Files folder?

Message 5 of 5
Simon_Weel
in reply to: divanciucova

Yes, you can delete the folder. And you probably have to get rid of Revit 2024 registry-items as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report