Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacing computer, how to retain both seats?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
143 Views, 2 Replies

replacing computer, how to retain both seats?

Hi, I must replace my dying computer. How do I transfer the "seat" to the replacement computer as to retain both seats under licence? This is just in case I need to install the 2nd seat on an additional machine in the future. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community..

You can use the License Transfer Utility (LTU) located under the Autodesk section of your Windows Start menu.  However this interface is not reliable and you may end up having a problem.  My advice just install the application on the new machine and then perform a clean uninstall (on existing machine) per these instructions.   If the end you can't can straighten out the install on 2 devices down the road if needed.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
Darin.Green
in reply to: Anonymous

Like @Mark.Lancaster said, the license transfer will fail if the contract is expired, and/or you're trying to transfer a older product version license... That being said, just install and activate on the new machine.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report