Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recap pro 7.0 crashing

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
jaakko_peltonen
941 Views, 12 Replies

Recap pro 7.0 crashing

Hi,

My Recap workstation keeps crashing when orbiting scenes. Same happens with all projects

with different scans.  Laptop works fine with same project, but limited functionality due to small

amount of memory. It freezes and then windows suugest closing program not responding.

Recap updated and Nvidia Quadro drivers updated.

Any ideas what to do/check next?

JP

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
JuanYusta
in reply to: jaakko_peltonen

Hi @jaakko_peltonen 

How much RAM do you have? According to the requirements of recent versions, it is one of the important features, even more than the video card.

2.png

See the system requirements:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/recap/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-req...

Message 3 of 13
jaakko_peltonen
in reply to: JuanYusta

Hi

32Gb of RAM, so it should not be the question. The point cloud LAS file are fairly small, 26Mb+2.5Mb and 2Mb.

Actually it crashes even all *.las files detached from recap when 3D orbiting for while!

Other specs.

Win 10 Enterprice 64-bit, winver 1909 (18363.1316)

Revit recommended Nvidia Quadro P620 2GB on HP i5-6500 3.2GHz, 4k Voxicon panels x2

Nvidia driver version: 461.40

DirectX 12.0

JP

Message 4 of 13
yan.fu

Hello @jaakko_peltonen ,

May  I have the answer to the following question?

Which ReCap version are you using? 7.0.0 or 7.0.1? 

Does ReCap 6.x work on your machine in the past?

Could you share with me one .las file you used and the .rcs file ReCap created on your machine?

Also, is CER generated and do you have the CER id so that we can look into the crash report?

Thank you!

Yan

Message 5 of 13

Hey,

Thanks for your response. Version is 7.0.1.22 and updated thru Autodesk Desktop app update utility.

The Recap 6 has not been installed on this machine. It is new fresh new Recap installation

from last fall. I took only some short usage on November with no crashes.

It crashes even with empty project when the las files detached. I will be able to postsmall project but

cannot do it to forum. Is it possible to post directly to you tomorrow when I return to office.

And orbiting, zooming, panning around the project causes the crash after short period.

Typically crash within 3-5 seconds of continous zooming.

The CER (do you mean crash report?) is not generated.

Program hangs totally and click or activation of hanged window causes

windows message box that program is not responding with options to wait or close.

Waiting does help atleast 15min time. Other programs and windows works fine during this process.

JP

Message 6 of 13
yan.fu

Thanks a lot for the information!  I will pm you the link to upload your data. 

Message 7 of 13
pendean

>>>...when 3D orbiting for while!...<<<
>>>..DirectX 12.0...<<<
That's about the only thing I see that is different from anything we have in our office, no issues with V7.
Message 8 of 13
yan.fu
in reply to: pendean

@pendean @jaakko_peltonen 

Thank you for your contribution to this task!

Is this issue resolved? Could you give some information on it for other's reference? Thanks a lot!

Message 9 of 13
jaakko_peltonen

Hi
Actually ReCap requirements are directX 11 and OpenGL 3.1.
Havent checked opengl, but I assume that latest Nvidia drivers version is above 4.
--
BTW I wonder which one Recap uses OpenGL or DirX?
JP
Message 10 of 13
pendean

Exactly, so Directx12 is unsupported, aka what you are, is that not correct?
Message 11 of 13
jaakko_peltonen

Is it so that directX11 is not included in directX12?

Why is the program running at all if dX11 only supported and not found on system?

JP

Message 12 of 13

BTW: I Googled that all directX 11, 12 are part of win10 core stated in support.microsoft.com site.

Message 13 of 13

This is not solved, and my workmate has almost identical machine with bit older  nvidia drivers and his Recap is locking up even faster than mine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report