Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Anzeigen  nur  | Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du: 

"Contact your administrator to request permission to use this product"

11 ANTWORTEN 11
Antworten
Nachricht 1 von 12
Anonymous
778 Aufrufe, 11 Antworten

"Contact your administrator to request permission to use this product"

Hi,

I bought a new monthly subscription for Maya from Autodesk site yesterday. And a monthly subscription means that every day is important! Hope this issue is met with lightning fast resolution as I am seeing that this issue is reccrent as per many users in the forum (or am I missing something O_O).

I had a previous version of Media and Entertainment collection on the same machine but that had expired a while ago. Now, when I am trying to activate the recent subscription, it shows me a window that says:

"Contact your administrator to request permission to use this product" with an option to "Sign in as a different user".

I have an administrator account but the error remains.

What could be the solution to this issue?

At times, the activation window pops up and after providing the serial key, shows the success screen only to revert back to the error mentioned above.

As per the suggestions on various threads, forums and sites, I've tried:

1. Uninstalling the previous versions from the computer and Reinstalling a fresh version
  2. Doing this:
    1. Go to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ and delete the ADUT folder.
    2. Go to C\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk and delete the ADUT folder.
    3. Go to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Web Services and delete the LoginState.xml file.
    4. Go to C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet and delete the three files that begin with adskflex.
  3. Deleting the Maya.env file.

None of the above have got me past the activation process.

Here are a few screenshots of the issue:

Screenshot_2.jpgScreenshot_4.jpg
This is a public forum, please refrain from posting serial numbers or personal information

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

11 ANTWORTEN 11
Nachricht 2 von 12
Anonymous
als Antwort auf: Anonymous

Hi j_oll,

Thanks for the suggestion but I've tried this already. I've deleted the Maya.env file if that's what you meant.

I've also logged into the Autodesk portal and cross-checked if the right permissions and privileges have been given to the particular user.

Everything is in place, except that the issue remains unresolved.

Nachricht 3 von 12
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

A couple of things..  Never and I mean never share any sensitive information here such as email address, serial #, subscription account number, business address, and phone/cell #. This is a world wide peer to peer network and such items should not be posted here for security reasons.  I will have the moderator remove your serial # to protect your information.

In addition making demands that you want lightening fast response...  This is mainly a user based forum and we volunteer time here so you'll get a response when we get to it..  Lachender Smiley   Just keep that in mind the next time you want to demand something here...

Are you the contract manager for your subscription?  New subscription may take up to 24 to 48 hours to sync with your Autodesk Account

Update #2:  In addition I just noticed your images are point to the 2016 version.  If you go into your Autodesk Account, do you see the under this new subscription you have access to the 2016 version?  Is there an option there for legacy version (to gain access)..  If not you'll have to go to Autodesk AVA https://ava.autodesk.com/ , type Chat with Agent and tell her Activation and follow the chat options on the right had side.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Nachricht 4 von 12
Anonymous
als Antwort auf: Mark.Lancaster

Hi Mark,

First, I want to apologize for the demanding tone and the careless act of sharing of sensitive information on a public forum. I am more careful than that.

But since I was drafting an email to the Autodesk Support team and this issue was hanging for more than a day, I mindlessly copy pasted the whole thing onto the forum. Sorry about that. I will be more careful.

As for your query, yes, I am the contract manager for the account. I am the one who bought the license.

I just finished a screen sharing session with Autodesk and the Agent wasn't able to solve the issue either. It seems that this is being escalated.

I wonder if this issue has got to do with serial numbers being 'incompatible' with regions and countries (India, in my case). Am I making any sense?

Nachricht 5 von 12
Anonymous

Ok,

I stumbled on this accidentally.

One of the links in the signature of the email sent to me by an Autodesk support team member which said: Activate or Reactivate Online caught my eye.

Upon clicking it, I was taken to a page where I had to put in my serial number.

This time, the error read as follows

--------------

"Serial number is for different country
The country or region associated with the serial number you entered doesn't match the country in which you are registering or activating the products."

---------------

(snapshot)

Screenshot_6.jpg

I have bought this monthly subscription license online from "autodesk.in", the site for India and this issue shouldn't be happening as I am trying to activate the product from India.

Does anyone here have any insights regarding this?

Sorry to sound desperate but it would be of much help if I am able to resolve this issue sooner.

Thanks very much for all the help.

Nachricht 6 von 12
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

If you are the Account Administrator you would assign the product to yourself as a named user: Set Up & Manage Users
Please review the information outlined here, on the rules for assigning named users on Desktop Subscription. 

Be sure not to have any interfering applications with old subscriptions that are signed-in running on the system. Try to clear history, cache files etc. & quit/uninstall all Autodesk applications if needed. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Nachricht 7 von 12
Anonymous
als Antwort auf: natasha.l

Thank you for the kind reply @natasha.l.

Since I am the only user, the access should apparently be granted to me by default.

When I cross checked my user management page, the access was given to my particular email id / user:
Screenshot_7.jpg

Be sure not to have any interfering applications with old subscriptions that are signed-in running on the system. Try to clear history, cache files etc. & quit/uninstall all Autodesk applications if needed. 

I uninstalled all the previous versions of the program, deleted the temp, cleared prefetch, cache etc. I also deleted any relevant registry entries from Autodesk. I deleted the Maya.env file, along with the three flexnet license files.

Only after doing all this, did I reinstall (4 times) freshly by downloading a fresh copy from inside my products page online. Yet the issue remains.

Could this be because of certain region / country restrictions that the provided serial number doesn't work?

Please refer my previous post if you haven't seen it already.

Thanks very much for the support.

Nachricht 8 von 12
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

I will escalate this post, it will create a support case with Autodesk getting you in contact with the proper department that can help assist you with this online purchase. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Nachricht 9 von 12
Anonymous
als Antwort auf: natasha.l

@natasha.l Thank you.

I have already approached the support and my support case no is: 14336331

I have done this before 24 hours and am still waiting for a response.

Any help to expedite the turn around time will be very much appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Nachricht 10 von 12
Anonymous

Please file a detailed bug report. Make sure to include information such as Maya version, Operating System, Graphic Card and driver version. Also include detailed step by step instructions of how to replicate the user error.

Nachricht 11 von 12
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

I am sorry to hear this, I reviewed your case & the Agent has tired to resolve this & believes after remoting in & reviewing your account that it is an account management issue. We do not have the capability to make account related fixes. 

The only suggestion I have from a installation & licensing standpoint is to check the System clock settings

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Nachricht 12 von 12
Anonymous

If you do not have permission to set your windows timezone, clock, date setting and to reinstall please contact your system administrator.

Sie finden nicht, was Sie suchen? Fragen Sie die Community oder teilen Sie Ihr Wissen mit anderen.

In Foren veröffentlichen  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report