Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems when trying to install Revit 2021 on a secondary hard drive

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1589 Views, 3 Replies

Problems when trying to install Revit 2021 on a secondary hard drive

My laptop doesn't have much space in C:, therefore I'm trying to install Revit 2021 on drive D:, which has more than 600GB of free space, however, I simply cannot find the options to properly install it somewhere outisde the standard C: disk. 

I've already found some tutorials by Autodesk on how to install Revit on another drive, but the screenshots are from the 2017 version, which is very different from 2021, there aren't the same options in the installer.

I'm using Windows 10 64bits, and I'm installing using the web-install file. If you need more information let me know.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
zeulrick
in reply to: Anonymous

I had the same issues when installing 2021. I spent hours going through the recommended steps Autodesk posted. They didn't work. 

I just ended up cutting my loses and installing it on the C: Drive. 

Message 3 of 4
DarrenP

read this: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/out-of-disk-space-during-installation-to-anothe...

it has to install parts of the program to the main drive there is no way around that

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 4
jamesongoringGQDQ5

Hi Everyone,

I have the same issue. Does anyone from Autodesk have some current advice for this issue? The link posted by DarrenP is from 2013, and the only autodesk information is indeed 2017.

- Wiped all drives of Autodesk information.

- ATTEMPTED to install 2021 to the secondary drive (D). When installing is different to all guidance online: you can not choose each folder's location but just one folder location for all files to install (supposedly!). 

- The exe. installs folders to a variety of places, but nearly all to the C drive.

Is this something to do with the naming of the files in my D drive? Or is it simply that Revit has all the folder paths preset and they can not b changed??

Thanks very much in advance to anyone who can shed light on this,

Jamie.

C DRIVE AUTODESK FILES.PNG

C DRIVE PROG 86 COMMON FILES.PNG

C DRIVE PROG 86 FILES.PNG

C DRIVE PROG COMMON FILES.PNG

C DRIVE PROG FILES.PNG

D DRIVE PROGRAM FILES AUTODESK .PNG

     

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report