Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with restart Revit 2016 installation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
418 Views, 2 Replies

Problem with restart Revit 2016 installation

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with installing Revit 2016 on my laptop (Macbook pro running Win8 on Bootcamp). I only have about 10GB free disk space so I downloaded Revit 2016 onto my external hardrive. During the first time I tried to install, it was ok until the installation of the Revit 2016 content library. I read that it takes long for it to download but in my case it just halted at about 80% forever. Therefore I cancelled the installation and it told me that part of the program is installed and I can restart the installation at a later time. Then, when I tried the second time, it seemed to start all over again rather than pick up from where it stoped. As the whole package needs 6.2GB and I only have 5.1GB left from last installation, there is no way to proceed the installation. I also can't uninstall it since it's not shown in the program tab of the control panel in windows.

Please help me! I'm an architecture student and I desperately need Revit on my laptop ASAP.

Tina

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

nothing to do except start cleaning up your harddrive or make the space size bigger

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you! I managed to free up some spaces and successfully installed the software. However, it should only take up 6GB but now it occupies 10GB. I suppose this has to do with the second installation. How do I find the possibly duplicated files?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report