Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10
infoASPKZ
550 Views, 9 Replies

Pin Activation problem

I recently purchased a Autodesk® Product Design Collection, 1-Year Subscription (PD Collection IC Commercial Product Subscription New Single-user Annual Advanced Support Non-Language Specific Windows) and struggling to activate my pin. I fill in the information and it just displays the following message;

'We are experiencing site issues and are working to resolve. Please try again in a few minutes.'

I've been trying this for a few hours now, so can you please advise on how to resolve this please so I can carry on with the installation.

Regards

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: infoASPKZ

@infoASPKZ

Welcome to the community...

Pin?  Do you mean your serial #?

Which product of the collection are you trying to activate?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 10
infoASPKZ
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The email I received said PIN number and gave me a link - https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#pin-activate.

I've copied the email I received from the reseller (excluding the PIN itself).

Autodesk® Product Design Collection, 1-Year Subscription

PIN

You will need the following PIN.

Please register your PIN within 10 days of receiving this email.

Download Your Product

Follow these steps to set up your account and download your product. Autodesk recommends that you register the PIN immediately. Your subscription will begin once you register your PIN.

1. Go to the Autodesk Sign In If you don't have an Autodesk account, click Create Account to create one.
  2. Once you have signed in, enter the PIN listed above and click Submit.
  3. Confirm the product and click Continue.
  4. For existing customers, the address fields will be populated automatically. For new customers, enter your address. In either case, enter your organization's name in the optional Company
  5. Enter TechSoup in the Reseller field and click Register.
  6. If you requested multiple products, click Register another PIN to restart the process for the other PIN. If you requested only one product, click Download.
  7. You will receive a confirmation email from Autodesk at the address associated with your Autodesk account. This email confirms that your subscription has started. Autodesk recommends that you begin using your product only after you receive this email. Once you have received it, you will only need your Autodesk ID and password to use the product on any computer. A serial number will not be necessary to use the product.
  8. Follow the installation instructions from the Autodesk website.

Regards

Message 4 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

@infoASPKZ

I've never heard of a pin # for your Autodesk Account..  But I noticed that it states to enter TECHSOUP for your reseller..  Does this have something to do with "The Autodesk Donation Program"?  If so you need to contact them or Autodesk directly regarding this matter.  We have nothing to do with the relationship that is created between Autodesk and this program.

The link I provided, just make sure to let the page fully load until you see the chat option.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

It is not possible to get the pin in your system.

I am able to create an account and that it.

Please give me advice how to fix this problem.

With kind regards,

Pieter Nieland

Message 6 of 10
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community...

This is a peer to peer network where users are assisting other users like yourself.  So its not our system..  Smiley Very Happy

Can you clarify what you are even trying to accomplish?  Your posting makes no sense..

Mark Lancaster

Message 7 of 10
natasha.l

Hello @infoASPKZ,

This is an account management related issue that only can be resolved through them. Sorry for the inconvenience, this post has been escalated and will be routed to appropriate channel to help assist you. Please be ready to receive contact from Autodesk Support with as much information that you can provide. 

Thank you and have a great day! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

I am having the same issue as this user with activating an AutoCAD PIN from Techsoup. Was this issue ever resolved?

Message 9 of 10
simona.golisciano
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

For that user, the problem turned out to be caused by a discrepancy with the e-mail address (i.e.: the e-mail address provided for the TechSoup request was not the same as the one used to access the account).

Anyway, for issues related to the activation of software obtained through TechSoup, we recommend that you contact them directly through this online form, or that you contact the Autodesk Technology Impact Program at: technologyimpact@autodesk.com

Simona Golisciano
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: simona.golisciano

Thanks for the information. We ended up getting everything sorted out with
support.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report