Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASTRAN IN-CAD License issue

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
405 Views, 2 Replies

NASTRAN IN-CAD License issue

Currently have 4 users who may use NASTRAN IN-CAD for Inventor 2015 or 2016.  But there's only one license for NASTRAN...  So when one of these users launch Inventor (and is only using Inventor), it appears to be pulling the NASTRAN license as well.  Meaning when one of the other 3 users actually need NASTRAN in Inventor they can't because there's no license avaliable.   Is there a way I can control this so the NASTRAN license is only pulled when needed?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

i have confirmed this

it seems when the add in is loaded in Inventor it grabs a Nastran In CAD license even through your not using it

if you uncheck load automatically in the Inventor Add Ins it will not grab a license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: DarrenP

DarrenP

Thanks for confirming this...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report