Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from an Student License to a Paid License

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
381 Views, 2 Replies

Moving from an Student License to a Paid License

Hi, thank you for taking the time in reading this.

A few years ago I registered in Autodesk so that I could apply for an free student license, time has passed and now I am trying to "upgrade" (sort of speak) to a new paid license. The issue is that even doing the License Transfer, as soon as I try to activate the software with a the new license it automatically activates the student license again.

I really appreciate any support you can bring in this matter.

Regards. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community..

If you are using the LTU and it worked well not in the sense you need..   That tells me you have a perpetual license.   Autodesk does not sell perpetual license anymore.  You will need to uninstall the application and install the correct version depending on when you actually purchased the license.  In addition I hope you created a new Autodesk Account to subscribe to the new license.  Student accounts should never be used to purchase commercial licenses.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

Once you have purchased the product you can install the software on the computer of your choice, use the new serial number to activate it if you are try to change the existing license from student to commercial(standard). You can Update Your Serial Number Without Reinstalling Your Software

Keep us posted. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report