Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help installing AutoCAD 2018

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
754 Views, 6 Replies

Help installing AutoCAD 2018

Buenas tardes,

Reinstale mi windows para colocarlo a 64bits y por ende la tuve que formatear, ahora trato de instalar el autocad 2018 y en el proceso me dice que esta instalado pero me voy a C->Archivos de programa->Autodesk como me indican y no hay ninguna carpeta de AutoCad18. No se si por tener Revit18 tendrá algo que ver, pero no debería. Alguien me puede ayudar a ver como lo instalo. Estoy haciendo un curso para actualizarme y no he podido instalarlo. Gracias

< Edited Content for better feedback. >

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
chriscowgill7373
in reply to: Anonymous

what method did you use to install the program.  what do you see when you go to c:\program files\Autodesk.  do you have an autodesk folder even there?

I'd recommend using the virtual agent to do your installation, although if it told you it successfully installed, then it should be on your computer some where.  did it not create a desktop icon or a folder within your start menu?

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 7
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

It sounds like you'll need to use Microsoft Fixit and remove AutoCAD 2018 from the list of programs to uninstall if AutoCAD 2018 is not listed under your Windows Control Panel/list of programs.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: chriscowgill7373

Hola gracias por tu colaboración. Lo instale con el método que aparece en la descarga de Autodesk, directamente de la pagina. Tampoco me crea el icono en el escritorio. No tengo mas carpetas de AutoCad 18 solo el REVIT18.

Lo que hice fue instalar AutoCad17 y lo instalo normal, con eso practicare para ver mi curso de actualizacion pero no se que traerá de nuevo el Autocad18, ya veremos en el camino.

Gracias

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Mark.Lancaster, Tampoco me aparece en el listado de programas en el panel de control e igual no me deja instalarlo.

De todas maneras instale el Autocad17 con eso podre resolver mientras tanto. Si sabes de otra cosa me avisas. Gracias

Message 6 of 7
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Yes I know it will not appear in your control panel that's why I said to your Microsoft Fixit to resolve the issue.  Have you done that yet?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 7
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

I understand you have AutoCAD 2017 up & running but you would like to have AutoCAD 2018 at some point, you may have had a poor download & residual file are left on the computer. 

You should conduct the steps below: 

1. Conduct a Clean Uninstall of the program use MSfixitTool to complete the uninstall 
  2. Log in as an Administrator 
  3. Empty your TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Start Menu and hit Enter 
  4. Temporarily disable your Antivirus software & Firewall
  5. Temporarily disable UAC:  Windows 7 , Windows 10 
  6. Use Browser Download Method from Autodesk Account 

Let us know how it goes. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolved the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report