Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya LT licensing question - selling assets

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
402 Views, 2 Replies

Maya LT licensing question - selling assets

Hi i am looking at starting some assets and seeling them online. I can see that maya lt is extremely cheaper. I am hoping that i am able to buy the maya LT and use it to sell the assets to clients/websites. Is this possible? Or because i wont be making a game with them i cannot use maya LT? I am a 1 person company and i dont have the money for fork out 25p0 for the full version just yet. Its definitely something i wish to do later though.

Any help is welcome
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

jessica.bramwell

As long as the license is a commerical license then you can sell your assets as you see fit.

However I'm not a Maya user/expert so the LT version may have limitations that the full version has.  I would strongly suggest (if not already) that you do a side by side comparision of the product before investing.   I've seen too many times where someone purchases the LT version becuase its cheaper and then later on realizes it doesn't meet their needs due to its limitations.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Perfect thankyou very much for your help. I am planning on downloading the free trail and playing around for a while to ensure its enough. Ive also done alot of research on it and im finding that the psd and mental ray may be a sad loss with LT. I am planning on purchasing the full version eventually but its very expensive and im only just starting out. Thankyou again for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report