Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2020 installation failled, error 1603

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
shawnwangvfx
25872 Views, 25 Replies

Maya 2020 installation failled, error 1603

Hi guys,

Excited about the 2020 release. But I keep getting 1603 error during installation.

Please find attached the installation log.

Thanks!

shawn

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
mdavis22569
in reply to: shawnwangvfx

Have you reviewed the following AKN article?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-Install-error-1603...

Try moving your installer from the F:Drive to you C:Drive 

Make sure you have the Admin rights / Anti-Virus off ...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 26

Hi@ shawnwangvfx,

Thanks for your feedback.

i would like to know more about the issue. could you please send me the log files?

Here is the log files location.

%appdata%\Autodesk\ODIS

Regards,

Srinivas.

Message 4 of 26
shawnwangvfx
in reply to: mdavis22569

Hi Michael, Fantastic ! Moving the installer to C drive solved the problem in my case. Appreciate your help. Enjoying 2020 now. Cheers, shawn
Message 5 of 26
tak_tik
in reply to: mdavis22569

Hi,

I am trying to install Maya 2020 on Windows 7 and keep returning this error. I have followed suggestions on the internet, yet still no solution. I am attaching the installation log file to find generous help of the work around.

Manually uninstall the AdskLicensingService.exe and reinstall most updated AdskLicensingService.exe still not giving solution.

Regards, _taktik

Message 6 of 26

Hello.. I am downloading Autodesk Maya 2020 on windows 10 but on 50% it says error 1603. Please help me fix this issue.

Message 7 of 26

@aviratwalia18 

Without your installation log file we can only speculate what the issue is at this point.  So attach your installation file here so we can review it.

Posting info: Sometimes the installation log file contains the serial # that was assigned to you.  Open your log file using Windows Notepad and perform a search on "/SN".  Depending on the number of installation attempts, your serial # may be located throughout the log file.  If present, remove or "X" out your serial # prior to posting.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 26
jakejSMSHH
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I am having the same problem re-installing Maya 2020. This happened after I uninstalled maya 2018 & 2019 and for some reason 2020 became unusable.

I'll attach my log files.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 9 of 26

I don’t know how to attach log file where are they on the PC 

Message 10 of 26
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: jakejSMSHH

@jakejSMSHH 

In your case its related to the new licensing mechanism.

Is this service there and started?  2020-02-12_7-57-05.jpg

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 11 of 26

@aviratwalia18 

In my reply I linked an article where your Autodesk installation log files are located...

In addition you come back to this forum posting, reply and attach the log file.

Mark Lancaster

Message 12 of 26
jakejSMSHH
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Mark,

I do have that service running.

I have tried shutting down the service and installing. Same error in that case.

Message 13 of 26
aviratwalia18
in reply to: jakejSMSHH

Same problem.. please help I need to use it

Message 14 of 26

hi @mdavis22569 ,

I got error 1603 while installing Maya 2020. I used to use maya in the same device, but after i formatted my device i am getting this error. I have installed Visual C++ 2015-19,2013,2012,2010 and 2008.

Please help me through this issue.

Please find install log attached.

thanks

Message 15 of 26
gines

Prezados amigos,

Esotu com dificuldades de instalar o ROBOT 2021, Senso que eu ja tenho no meu pc a versão 2019. Mas, para aocmpanhar o trabalho dos meus alunos preciso a versao utlima do ROBOT ... Esta dando sempre ERRO  1603

Estou vendo que o antivirus pode ocacionar o erro 1603? Seria melhor realizar a instalação com antivirus desativado.

Estou anexando o arquivo *.log

Message 16 of 26
niktesla314

Can't install Maya. Every time has this error. Try clean unistall, Antivirus is off. Don't know what to do.

Message 17 of 26
talkhaldi

Hi, 

So I had the same issue of the Error 1603. I was able to successfully install Maya 2020. Follow the steps in this article:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-...

Hope it helps

Message 18 of 26
niktesla314

Copy/Past solution for me:

This is one of the first posts to pop up on google for me so ill just post what worked for me here.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdskLicensing.

Run the uninstall.exe as administrator (right-click > Run as administrator).

Wait until all the files and folders disappear.

Navigate back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\ folder and if AdskLicensing exists delete it.

Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ and delete the folder AdskLicensingService

Important: Disable any antivirus and/or firewall temporarily.

Download and Install the latest Autodesk Licensing Service from the Autodesk Account: https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates

Repeat the install.

Message 19 of 26
haskin108

When I prove it, I get an error message and an error 1603 message

Message 20 of 26
jerodvel

I know its an old post, but  I just got this error, I deleted a bunch of Autodesk entries in the registry and it worked for me. I found this company not to give two hoots about this, so I take matters into my own hands. The article for the solution is just nonsense.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report