Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to legitimately buy older versions of 3DS Max?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Loofer
3328 Views, 5 Replies

Is there any way to legitimately buy older versions of 3DS Max?

I don't want to get drawn into renting my software but my current installation is 2013 and I'd like to upgrade, is there any way to legitimately buy say Max 2016 with a perpetual license?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Loofer

@Loofer

Autodesk stop selling single product perpetual license in Jan 2016.   In addition you can't get the 2016 version now..  You would have to subscribe to (term licensing) the 2018 version and then use the 3 legacy rules to use the 2016 version.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 6
Loofer
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Would that mean that you would still be stuck in the rental model for 2016? no outright ownership?

Message 4 of 6
Mark.Lancaster

@Loofer

As I stated..  As of Jan 2016 there's no more perpetual license that you can purchase.  As of that date, all new single product purchases are based on term based or rental type of license.  If you want the 2016 version you would have to subscribe to 2018 which then gives you access to 2015-2017 as well (but as a rental).  If you don't keep it active, your subscription ends and the product doesn't function/work.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 6
Loofer
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

OK, thanks for the reply.

Message 6 of 6
crukidgrin

Dear Autodesk. Thank you for making sure that only big corporations can utilize your product. As a rich elitest I want to say thank you for making sure people on the lower side of society do not get a chance to learn such software and rise up among the ranks. Skill and talent should only be for those that can afford it

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report