Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intune deployment Autocad LT 2022

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
6400 Views, 6 Replies

Intune deployment Autocad LT 2022

Does anyone have a deployment guide for AutoCad LT 2021 or 2022 trough MS Intune?

Can't find anything about that on the AutoDesk site and also on internet i can't find anything. 

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

My understanding is that Intune is SCCM's mobile device and application management counterpart, they are used together. Microsoft would be able to provide support on how to use these tools.

To include an Autodesk deployment in a SCCM package, follow our SCCM guide.

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 7
tduncan2
in reply to: natasha.l

This does not work the same as SCCM and it has changed with your custom installer. 

Message 4 of 7
smolini
in reply to: natasha.l

This response is entirely inaccurate and unhelpful. The SCCM and Configuration Manager instructions are not helpful for Intune application deployment. Intune application distribution has been utterly divorced from SCCM for over a year now.

Message 5 of 7
smolini

Hey guys, I'm working up a thing that might help with this.

Step 1: Create a custom deployment that points to a local path (ex. C:\mnt\ADSK-ACAD-2022\IMG )

Step 2: Run the deployment app to create the files at that path, then use Powershell or other tool to capture a WIM of the deployment files.

$sourceDir = "C:\mnt\ADSK-ACAD-2022\IMG\image"
$imagePath = "C:\tmp\wims\ADSK-ACAD-2022.wim"

New-WindowsImage `
-ImagePath $imagePath `
-CapturePath $sourceDir `
-CompressionType Max `
-Name "ADSK-ACAD-2022" `
-Verify

Step 3: Make a script to mount that wim to the correct path and execute the install command, Note the log directory has to be writable to use it.

$imagePath = $PSScriptRoot + "\ADSK-ACAD-2022.wim"
$mntDir = "C:\mnt\ADSK-ACAD-2022\IMG\image"
$logDir = "C:\mnt\ADSK-ACAD-2022\IMG\log"

Mount-WindowsImage -ImagePath $imagePath -Index 1 -Path $mntDir

$InstallerEXE = $mntDir + "\Installer.exe"
$CollectionXML = $mntDir + "\Collection.xml"
Start-Process -FilePath $InstallerEXE `
-ArgumentList '-i deploy --offline_mode -q -o ' + $CollectionXML ' --installer_version "1.24.0.12"' -Wait

# Loop to stall the script so it doesn't dismount the wim before the install is done.
$keepMount = $true
while ( $keepMount ) {
    Start-Sleep -Seconds 10

# identify most recently written log file in $logDir
    $lastLog = $null
    foreach ($item in (Get-ChildItem $logDir -File) ) {
        if ($lastLog -eq $null) { $lastLog = $item }
        elseif ($item.LastWriteTimeUtc -gt $lastLog.LastWriteTimeUtc) {
            $lastLog = $item
        }
    }

# If the most recent log file reports exit yet.
    $log = Get-Content $lastLog.FullName
    if ( ($log -match 'Deployment exits').Length -eq 1) { $keepMount = $false }
}

Dismount-WindowsImage -Path $mntDir -Discard

Step 4: Then just put the wim and the mounting powershell script together in a directory, and IntuneWin-ulate them up into a package, naming the powershell as the setup file.

So far, I've only tested this on ACAD 2022, and I actually haven't tested the M$ EndpointManagement distribution for it yet, it's just the road I'm travelling down. Hoping somebody else out there will see this and offer some feedback to save me some time, or warn me about how I'm wasting my time because 'X'.

PS: Credit to an Ivanti engineer named Jonathan Long I used to work with who taught me this trick to get around a different challenge.

Message 6 of 7
smolini
in reply to: smolini

Something I noticed pretty quickly, There's a known problem with the current IntuneWin util. Use version 1.8.1 or that honkin big WIM file will choke the utility. https://github.com/microsoft/Microsoft-Win32-Content-Prep-Tool/tree/v1.8.1
Message 7 of 7
rmisnerZFYWP

n/m

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report