Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing inventor 2018

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
andrew.nao
443 Views, 4 Replies

installing inventor 2018

when installing inventor 2018 the install hangs at initalization. I was told this is due to using the web installer and that a download to my local hard drive isnt an option anymore. is this true? does autodesk not allow downloading files to local hard drive?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: andrew.nao

@andrew.nao

Installation questions and issues should be posted in the Installation and Licensing forum  https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/bd-p/24 and not here..  I will have the moderator relocate your posting to better suite your needs.

There's a couple of ways to properly download and install your Autodesk product to your machine.  Please review this article and the solution it provides.

If the installation does fail using the preferred methods, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.

Posting info: Sometimes the installation log file contains the serial # that was assigned to you.  Open your log file using Windows Notepad and perform a search on "/SN".  Depending on the number of installation attempts, your serial # may be located throughout the log file.  If present, remove or "X" out your serial # prior to posting.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: andrew.nao

@andrew.nao wrote:
when installing inventor 2018 the install hangs at initalization. I was told this is due to using the web installer and that a download to my local hard drive isnt an option anymore. is this true? does autodesk not allow downloading files to local hard drive?

It seems that quite a few people have issues when using the web installer and Autodesk can't seem to address those issues as its been a frequent issue on these forums for a number of years now...

Most of us would recommend not using that and instead just using the browser download method.

Your information about not being able to download to your local hard drive is incorrect..

You can certainly still do that.. I just did for all 2019 software on Monday..

In fact I have changed my download preferences in my account to make browser download the standard which I suggest you also do as the web installer doesn't seem to be working for you. 

When you are in manage.autodesk.com and on the "all products and services" tab simply hit the gear icon in the right hand corner and that will allow you to set your "download preferences"

gearit.PNG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 5

@andrew.nao wrote:
... is this true? does autodesk not allow downloading files to local hard drive?

No, that is not true.

Browser Download.PNG

Inventor 2018.pngInventor 2019.PNG

Message 5 of 5

thank you. the direct download worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report