Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting files in C:\Autodesk\WI after uninstalling the associated program?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ollyb003
886 Views, 1 Reply

Deleting files in C:\Autodesk\WI after uninstalling the associated program?

I had installed Autodesk CFD as well as Inventor 2017. However, after some time I subsequently uninstalled CFD for other reasons, and I upgraded from Inventor 2017 to Inventor 2018. However, the Program Files in C:\Autodesk\WI for both CFD and Inventor 2017 are still there and taking up about 17GB of space which I would prefer to be free. If I just delete these folders, will it have any effect on my current installed Autodesk programs, which are Inventor 2018, Maya 2018 and 3dsMax 2018? I have completely unistalled CFD.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
natasha.l
in reply to: ollyb003

Hello @ollyb003

You can delete the installation media file

installation media filesinstallation media files

& delete the files indicated in the Clean Uninstall & use the MSfixitTool to remove the residual files & edit the registry for you without an issue. You will have to reactivate the other applications but if done properly it not a problem removing these files. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report