Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install size for ReCap Pro 2021

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Heath.Westbury
350 Views, 2 Replies

Install size for ReCap Pro 2021

Good Morning all,

I'm just wondering what the install size is for ReCap Pro 2021. I need to spec up a new notebook and need to know what size HDD given I have a number of other applications that also need room such as all the AutoCad applications and ESRI ArcGIS.

Thanks

Heath Westbury

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Greetings @Heath.Westbury 
Your question sounds very strange. Recap and Recap Photos that are installed together occupy about 2GB. And this is very small compared to how much space your projects will take. If you are going to work a lot and diligently with laser scanning and photogrammetry data, then I would put at least 500GB (SSD) in the laptop specification. You can do more, but it's better to have the ability to cloud storage of archived projects, for example, One Drive.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maksim Melnikov LinkedIn | Instagram
Autodesk Solutions Expert
Autodesk Certified Instructor

Message 3 of 3

Thank you for the reply. Working for a power utility we are unable to use / store anything in the cloud therefore our individual machines need to have a higher spec to allow for local storage and processing. The answer of 2G is all I was after as I am looking at >220GB of installed software before I even begin using/processing.

Regards

Heath Westbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report