Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Error 8

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
Anonymous
41043 Views, 28 Replies

Install Error 8

I'm trying to install Autocad Architecture (via the free trial first) and once I begin installation, after a few seconds, it aborts and says "error 8." Any idea what to do? 

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

Anyone having install error 8 issues...

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent (link is in my signature) and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

Good luck on your installation.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: lynn_zhang

That link isn't working and neither the download in virtual agent

Message 23 of 29
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community..

@Anonymous wrote:

That link isn't working and neither the download in virtual agent

What's not working in the Virtual Agent...  It's very rare that someone is having issues downloading the application through the Autodesk Virtual Agent.  Can you tell us what you are having an issue with?

Have you followed these instructions?

Download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent (link is in my signature) and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

while extracting it says multiple files downloaded atleast 1 file missing and then it closes. I don't know what to do

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

while extracting files it gives an error atleast 1 file missing.Can you help me with this.

Message 26 of 29
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

It sounds like you are trying to extract the files before everything is downloaded.  Smiley Wink

Step #2 in my installation instructions clearly states "Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded."  Have you done that?

Based on your information you are either trying to run the extraction instead of saving (downloading) the files to your hard drive or you are running the extraction before all of the parts are downloaded.   Get all the parts downloaded first then continue on.

Mark Lancaster

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous

Having the same problem. I already deleted my temp files then disabled my antivirus program. But having the same error. 

Message 28 of 29
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community...

Are you having the install error 8 issue?  If so download and install per:

Good luck on your installation.

Mark Lancaster

Message 29 of 29
Anonymous

veri nais

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report