Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my Revit 2016?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rj
Participant
328 Views, 3 Replies

How do I get my Revit 2016?

Hi,

I purchased Revit 2014 (I think) and had also a subscription for two years - after I read the mail from some Autodesk VP that someone at Autodesk had the glorious idea to not offer permanent licenses of the software anymore, I decided to end the subscription and say farewell to Autodesk.

There were some subsequent mails (these already in german) after I the subscription ran out, which ... well, let's not overly stretch it - basically confirmed that leaving Autodesk Subscription seems like a good decison.

However: Still during the subscription period, Revit 2016 came out and I also downloaded it, but never had the time to install it. When I try to do so now, installation seems not possible as it fails with "Communication error".

So - how do I get to install Revit 2016 to see if I'll use that for the time being or stick with my Revit 2015?

Richard

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Otto
in reply to: rj

Hello rj

It looks like you’re seeing the "Communication Failure" window. This error typically occurs when you select the Install Now method to download and install Autodesk software. The following article(s) should help you resolve the problem:

Downloading Previous Versions of Autodesk Software Using the Virtual Agent

For additional information, please see the following:

Communication Failure message during download and installation

Errors during AutoCAD software installation

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 4
rj
Participant
in reply to: Otto

Good try bot!

And even partially useful (I revisited the Virtual Agent download and also the Autodesk account download).

VIrtual Agent failed a priori, as it does not even offer the Revit 2016, only 2015

Autodesk Account is stuck.

Thank you
Downloading of the setup package should start soon...
Download and run the setup package.

Install Autodesk Download Manager (a small download utility). Please do not close this page until Download Manager launches.

Please define "soon".

*Music for elevators* plays in my head....

after 5 minutes I decide to go to lunch

when I return after some 30 minutes still nothing -> aborting.

No success yet!

Richard

edit: I can see that Autodesk Download Manager process is running "Autodesk Download Manager (32bit)", but nothing happens for a way too long time.

Message 4 of 4
rj
Participant
in reply to: rj

Success.

Virtual Agent doesn't work.

Download Now doesn't work.

Browser Download didn't work at 1st try also (only downloaded a 2GB sfx file). UNpacking failed.

I do not know what happened then, but after some wild clicking (browser download retry, cancelled 2GB download) another 800MB sfx file has been downloaded.

With these two files, unpacking was possible and then installation went ok. So it seems I have a running Revit 2016 on my notebook.

So long and thanks for the fish.

Richard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report