Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
879 Views, 4 Replies

Fatal Error Maya 2020

Maya Fatal Error.PNGHello!

I am attempting to download Maya 2020. Every time I try to open it I get the pop up "fatal error". Does anyone have resolutions? 

Thank you!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

Sorry to hear that. This error message is warning that the files can not be saved to the temp folder on your system. Please follow the steps below to prep your system before downloading & installing to avoid errors like these. 

1. Conduct a Clean Uninstall of the previous installation 
  2. Reboot the computer, make sure apps are not auto running in the background 
  3. Log in as Administrator (check your permissions, full control) or create a new profile
  4. Make sure you have an uninterrupted high-speed connection to the internet & try adjusting your LAN  & proxy settings etc.
  5. Clean up the TEMP folder. To open the TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the search bar by the Windows Start Menu and hit Enter, then delete unnecessary (Windows)
  6. Temporarily disable/disconnect security features such as Antivirus, Firewall, VPN & UAC on your Windows operating system.
  7. Apply the latest Autodesk Licensing Service Update & Single Sign On Component (2020 & up). Then restart the computer and test the product. 
  8. Use the Browser Download Method in your Autodesk Account or via the AVA | Autodesk Virtual Agent (download all the parts)
  9. Visit your Autodesk Account & apply all product updates

Let us know how it goes. 😊

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 5
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

I hope you are doing well, I just wanted to follow up to see how its going. 😊

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

I tried the steps and still got the Fatal Error Message.
Message 5 of 5
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

I am sorry to hear that, as I mentioned the error is letting you know you can not save a file on your own computer. I would reach out to Microsoft or review some of the support documentation to fix the system issues. 

Microsoft: Cannot Save/Edit Files in Local Disk (C:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report