Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9
ToddRogers-WPM
242 Views, 8 Replies

Deployments

So, the new deployment creation is still junk. The only way to configure file paths is to export out a profile.arg file. However, doing so, and attaching it to the deployment DOES NOT WORK. It totally ignores the file and just creates the deployment without it. Anyone else experiencing this?????

Todd Rogers
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

read this: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Customisations-con...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 9

Thanks D-man. That's a bunch of crap man. Get rid of the uninstall tool and move to a crappy deployment system. Wow. I love my job...lol.

Todd Rogers
Message 4 of 9

Tried every single solution mentioned in the article and NONE of them worked. Wow.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 9
DarrenP

i'm finding other threads with this not working no solution has been offered

you may want to create a case

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 6 of 9

Cases come to me...lol. I can escalate though.

Todd Rogers
Message 7 of 9
GaryOrrMBI

Just in case anyone from Autodesk is listening, which I doubt they are, the custom Revit.ini file (for a Revit 2024 deployment) is experiencing a similar issue:

ie: the ini file that was uploaded to become part of the deployment was corrupted by the deployment tool. OK, not actually corrupted (as in the file can still be opened in notepad and the like), just poorly copied into the deployment. The file that the deployment created did not have any line breaks in it and is therefore unusable.

[Revit.ini][Colors][Directories]ProjectPath=%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Autodesk\Revit 2024ImportLineweightsNameDWG=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2024\Data\importlineweights-dwg-default.txtMaterialLibraryFiles=..\Data\RenderingIESFileLocation=C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2024\IES\LookupTableLocation=C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2024\Lookup Tables\

instead of:

[Revit.ini]
[Colors]
[Directories]
ProjectPath=%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Autodesk\Revit 2024
ImportLineweightsNameDWG=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2024\Data\importlineweights-dwg-default.txt
MaterialLibraryFiles=..\Data\Rendering
IESFileLocation=C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2024\IES\
LookupTableLocation=C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2024\Lookup Tables\

Yes, I know how to fix it (replace the file in the deployment package with a valid one) but...

The point is, the deployment tool is broken... again...

Gary J. Orr
GaryOrrMBI (MBI Companies 2014-Current)
aka (past user names):
Gary_J_Orr (GOMO Stuff 2008-2014);
OrrG (Forum Studio 2005-2008);
Gary J. Orr (LHB Inc 2002-2005);
Orr, Gary J. (Gossen Livingston 1997-2002)
Message 8 of 9

Thanks for this, as we do have to update the Revit .ini file.

Todd Rogers
Message 9 of 9
GaryOrrMBI

Well, while you're at it...
I tried packaging Revit and Navisworks into a single deployment...
Didn't work...
The deployment installed Navisworks, then forced a restart, then did not take up the remaining Revit installation after the restart, I had to run it again manually to get my messed up Revit installed.

-G
Gary J. Orr
GaryOrrMBI (MBI Companies 2014-Current)
aka (past user names):
Gary_J_Orr (GOMO Stuff 2008-2014);
OrrG (Forum Studio 2005-2008);
Gary J. Orr (LHB Inc 2002-2005);
Orr, Gary J. (Gossen Livingston 1997-2002)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report