Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decompressing Failed Auto Cad 2018

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
728 Views, 5 Replies

Decompressing Failed Auto Cad 2018

Hello my name is Vanden I am a student at Thurston High and I am wanting to use the auto cad software 2018 at home I got everything ready with the 3 year trial now I intalled it 2 ways one way by clicking on the file and the other one installing it from Auto Desk Desktop app and I get a decompressing failed notification like this ( Look at Picture ) please help me I am wanting to get good with Auto CAD before a competitiond1400bc79b47400457251f5ebd0a05fc.png called Skills USA

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Vanden,
Welcome to Autodesk Forum... I suggest you to please Install Auto Cad by clicking on File.
Make Sure that your device is compatible for the software.
Message 3 of 6
ennujozlagam

@Anonymous hello, try to switch off all your anti virus program and firewall. download from Autodesk Virtual Agent and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you, and I have already tried to install it by clicking on the file like I said and my computer meets the system requirements I just built it during christmas. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

I tried this just now and did evcerything it told me to but it says it cant install because I dont have a file downloaded.

Message 6 of 6
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Update:  I noticed @ennujozlagam already informed you to use the Autodesk Virtual Agent but you came back and stated I did that but it won't work.  Can you clarify what you're seeing by using the Autodesk Virtual Agent?

Don;t use your Autodesk Desktop App to do this..  That piece of software is just bloatware...  Smiley Very Happy

Download and install per:

1.  Clean out your personal temp (%temp%) folder.  Make sure you have full admin rights, set Windows UAC to never notify and if possible disable your Anti-Virus/Malware scanning utilities. Also the download should occur over a hard wired connection to the Internet and not over WIFI.

2. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.

3. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. This means save each part to your hard drive.  Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
4. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
5. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
6. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
7. Follow the installation steps for your product.  At this point you could cancel the installation or create a deployment.

However if the installation does fail using this method, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.

Posting info: Sometimes the installation log file contains the serial # that was assigned to you.  Open your log file using Windows Notepad and perform a search on "/SN".  Depending on the number of installation attempts, your serial # may be located throughout the log file.  If present, remove or "X" out your serial # prior to posting.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report