Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Office Hours Help: Unable to connect to internet and appdata\autodesk

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
312 Views, 1 Reply

Community Office Hours Help: Unable to connect to internet and appdata\autodesk

I have been trying to get my Fusion 360 to work for one month now.  This process has been very aggravating. 

I keep getting unable to connect to internet issue:

1. I've uninstalled and reinstalled

2. I've installed Fiddler 4 and followed the directions

3. I created a support ticket CaseNo:16621178.

a. support told me the time stamp was too old on my appdata/autodesk attachment file, even though the file was created immediately after I got the error:

"Unable to connect to the internet.

Please check your internet network connection. You need to sign into your Autodesk Account to use Fusion 360."

b. support never responded after I sent a new appdata/autodesk attachment file on June 9th.

c. now my appdata/autodesk folder has disappeared and can't be found when searched for.

I really need help with this and it's becoming quite aggravating.  I have been missing out on 1 months worth of opportunities because this software has been so problematic to install from the IDverification through installation.

Please help me get this software to function.  

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous, 

Thank you for all the information provided. 

Your log indicates that you are receiving a "WARNING :: Failed to get network connection information [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond" 

A WinError 10060 is a Microsoft error where "timeout errors may occur on slow, congested, or high latency Internet links"

I have listed some steps for you to conduct below to resolve the issue: 

1. The application needs a Windows Administrator profile to properly install
  2. The latest Autodesk Licensing Service update needs to be applied & the service needs to be running
  3. Make sure you have an uninterrupted high-speed connection to the internet & try adjusting your LAN  & proxy settings etc. or try a different wifi network
  4. Check your internet speed by using Speed Test by Google 
  5. Sign-out of all Autodesk related products. Please try the following, How to sign out of the Autodesk Desktop app  
  6. Review your Autodesk Account make sure the user is assigned to the application, signing in with the proper Autodesk ID & Password, resetting and Changing Your Autodesk Account Password
  1. Temporarily disable security settings like Antivirus, Firewall & UAC on your Windows operating system
  1. Whitelist the sites listed in these articles:

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report