Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Object Enabler Failed

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dsummersPEG
217 Views, 2 Replies

Civil 3D Object Enabler Failed

I have downloaded and installed the Civil 3D 2024 Object Enabler for Autocad MEP. However, I am still seeing the proxy pop-up message because it failed to load. I am seeing the following messages in the command line area:

Loading AEC Core...
Civil OE Loader c:\program files\autodesk\civil 3d 2024 object enabler\AeccvBase.dbx.dbx failed!
Civil OE Loader c:\program files\autodesk\civil 3d 2024 object enabler\AecCivilBase.dbx.dbx failed!

That's not a typo. It's looking for files with duplicated file extensions, .dbx, which my files don't have. I tried copying them and adding the duplicate extension, but no luck.

Please let me know how I can correct yet another one of Autodesk's failures. Every time I install something from Autodesk, something fails!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tony_csogroup
in reply to: dsummersPEG

Did you ever resolve this? I'm getting the same issue in the 2025 version.

Anthony Russell
LinkedIn
Message 3 of 3
dsummersPEG
in reply to: tony_csogroup

Unfortunately, my laptop had a video card failure since then, and Dell required me to reinstall Windows before they would replace it (gee, turns out it wasn't a problem with Windows!).  I had to reinstall Autocad 2024 afterwards, which brought the problem back. I have since installed Autocad 2025, and the problem no longer occurs (although new ones are now present). I wish I could tell you what the difference is. After coming to a stalemate with tech support over this, all I can suggest is to make sure you're opening Autocad using the CORRECT Windows start menu shortcut. Some of the shortcuts don't load all of the enablers, plugins, etc., sort of like a "Safe mode", and Windows remembers and uses by default the last "version" of Autocad you opened via the Start menu shortcuts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report