Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open 3ds Max 2017 on Windows 10 Boot Camp

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
stevegkennedy
952 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot open 3ds Max 2017 on Windows 10 Boot Camp

I need to use 3ds Max for a project so I've just installed Windows 10 Boot Camp on my Mac Pro (2013), and downloaded the trial of 3ds Max 2017.

When I open the program, it produces an error and then closes the application. Here is what it says:

MAXScript Callback script Exception

Known system exception

###########################################

Address: 0xb67c3600l nCode: 0x00000000C0000005
Desc: EXCEPTION CASE VIOLATION The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have appropriate access.
Read of address: 0x0000000000001128

###########################################

There is then another window saying:

Render Message

FTL: Virtual device creation failed.

And then:

Application Error

An error has occurred and the application will now close. No scene changes have occurred since your last save.

Anyone know what's going on here?

It seems like other people have gotten 3ds Max to work on Boot Camp on the new Mac Pro.

Here are the specs of my machine: 

Mac Pro (late 2013)

3 Ghz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5

64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC

Dual AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Otto
in reply to: stevegkennedy

Hello stevegkennedy and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you need to find out more about downloading or re-downloading software for Mac, or are having issues that may be resolved by re-downloading Mac software. The following article(s) should help you resolve the problem:

Mac compatible software

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 4

No-one else has had this problem?

Really strange that it just doesn't work when other people seem to be getting it to work fine on Boot Camp.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: stevegkennedy

I have it working nice, but just a few days since I use bootcamp with 3ds max 2017. If I start to have problems I'll put it here. but not at the moment. Try to download the new OS Sierra.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report