Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1428 Views, 6 Replies

C-dilla for 64bit

So I'm trying to do something really stupid, and I'm trying to install my old copy of max5 onto my new 64bit OS. However, c-dilla is a 32bit app, and won't install on my 64bit computer (most 32 bit apps work fine, but this one does not).

Was there ever a 64bit version of C-dilla that I could install?

I saw someone mention on another forum to use a network license of max instead of a node locked license, do network licneses not use c-dilla, but some other licensing scheme?

- Neil
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
eodeo
in reply to: Anonymous

I don’t have any solution, but I just wanted to say how reading c-dilla made me feel all pleasant inside. Good old days.

I know it’s a protection program, but I don’t see/hear that. All I hear is good ol’ Max... R3 actually 😉

Why do you need r5 for anyway Neil? Some old plugin? If so, chances are it wont work on 64bit even if you get max to.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Why do you need r5 for anyway Neil? Some old plugin?

Yup.

If so, chances are it wont work on 64bit even if you get max to.

Well, it would be running in 32bit emulation mode. So far I've been able to successfully install a lot of 32 bit software in win64, so I would guess if max runs successfully as 32bit, it's plugins would too.

- Neil
Message 4 of 7
eodeo

Well, it would be running in 32bit emulation mode. So far I’ve been able to successfully install a lot of 32 bit software in win64, so I would guess if max runs successfully as 32bit, it’s plugins would too.

As far as I understand it, 32bit plugins for Max don’t work under 64bit OS, even when Max does.

If no one gives you a better idea, you could always take 2-3h and create a dual booting system, one with 32bit OS and try your stuff there…
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

As far as I understand it, 32bit plugins for Max don’t work under 64bit OS, even when Max does.

Well, that might be true for max 5, but I know for a fact that's not true of 32bit max8, which I have happily installed on my 64bit OS with all of its plugins working perfectly.

If no one gives you a better idea, you could always take 2-3h and create a dual booting system, one with 32bit OS and try your stuff there…

Ya, I've considered that, but the 2-3 hours seems a bit short, in general when I install and OS it takes between 2-3 weeks to get it to work right, what with drivers not working correctly, etc. I would suck as a computer tech. 🙂 I think right now I'm just gonna keep my old 32bit computer, it works, everything is authorized, I was just hoping I might be able to clear some space on my floor. 😕

- Neil
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Two words: Im-possible.

64-bits came out long after Autodesk moved on to newer software.

--Cy--
Message 7 of 7
eodeo

I know for a fact that’s not true of 32bit max8, which I have happily installed on my 64bit OS with all of its plugins working perfectly.

It’s probably true for Max 5 than too. I must have misinterpreted all the Max 64bit complaints. They must have had max 64bit installed and trying to get 32bit plugin to work. I assumed same was true fro 32bit max on 64bit OS, but from your xp that is clearly not the case.

I had bunch of plungins for Max 3. Max 4 came out and invalidated them all. I almost totally skipped max 4 while clinging to Max 3. From Max 5+, i stopped bothering with plugins, unless i really needed them for the job.

2-3 hours seems a bit short,

I tend to do it in under 2. I said 3 for comfort. I guess I do it too often… many computers…

Two words: Im-possible.

Was that: I am possible? I am 😉

no wait. thats 3 words than.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report