Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDSU 2016 serial number

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
452 Views, 7 Replies

BDSU 2016 serial number

Hello !

so I  got this BDSU2016 gift , the box he gave me contained a USB flash drive and on the box there is a label containing the part number and the MFG ID only I couldn't find the serial number , how could I get the serial number ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community...

So someone handed you this application as a gift.   How did this person obtain it?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

He is my neighbor and i believe he got it from a friend of his working at autodesk or something like that

Message 4 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Well most likely you will only be able to use it as a 30 day trial...  People just can't hand software to others..

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

so should i contaact my neighbor to contact his friend or what should i do ? 

Message 6 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

It all depends on what entity this serial # was issued to.  It may end up requiring a license transfer of ownership and lawyers involved.  I will tell you its not worth it..

But I'm not you and you can do all the investigation yourself.   Serial #s are issued through Autodesk and if you don't have the proof you own this given application, than you are not going to be issued one.

Mark Lancaster

Message 7 of 8
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

My suggestion is to have the Contract  Manager review the information provided in this link Account Management. They then can decide what to do with the permissions for the software

I hope this answered your question or resolved the issue, if so please click

Kudos or the "thumbs-up!" icon.

Did my response help resolve the issue? Please "Accept As Solution" to help others in the community. 

Message 8 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: natasha.l

@natasha.l, How is @Anonymous going to know who the contract manager is for this piece of software when it has traded hands through numerous individuals?  He got it as a gift from someone who got it from someone else who maybe working at Autodesk or not working for Autodesk...  Its kind of like playing the game hot potato with this box of software..  Smiley Very Happy 

Mark Lancaster

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report