Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoDesk 2022 Products not installing with SCCM OSD

80 REPLIES 80
Message 1 of 81
jeremys
12173 Views, 80 Replies

AutoDesk 2022 Products not installing with SCCM OSD

I am working on setting up my Autodesk 2022 products for deployment for our next school year but when I try and deploy the software using our SCCM OSD task sequence  I get an Autodesk Installer Error Report screen.  If I try and install it once the OSD Task Sequence is complete the installation works fine so I know the installation is good.

Labels (1)
80 REPLIES 80
Message 2 of 81
natasha.l
in reply to: jeremys

Hello @jeremys

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your SCCM deployment. 

Please try to test the Autodesk deployment by itself on a local computer, if the installation behaves normally then its an issue with your SCCM deployment package. 

If this is the case please reach out to Microsoft SCCM support. 

Helpful Documentation:

*SCCM OSD installation error code 16389

Best Practices for creating a deployment

How to Create the SCCM Software Installation Package

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 81

I have the same issue, this is not an SCCM issue....
It seems like the system has to have an active user to install Autodesk 2022 packages, during OSD there is no users active, I need this fixed as I cannot install any Autodesk 2022 applications during OSD or during maintenance windows when there might not be a user actively logged in.

Even installing an application deployment to a running operating system with no users logged in is an issue, the application basically times out and doesn't show up in add or remove programs (If I install the application logged in as a user the application works fine.), strangely enough, it has installed but I do not know what issues this will cause long term.

I am using an Autodesk ID custom image package from your website, please advise next steps.

Message 4 of 81

Hello @david.smith8GZ68

If you have feedback regarding Autodesk deployment packages and 3rd party functionality issues, please reach out to the development team on the Installation & Licensing Feedback Hub

Message 5 of 81
david.smith8GZ68

It appears that I am not allow to make a post to the Feedback Hub?

"You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue."

Message 6 of 81
jeremys

I get the same error when I try and post to the Installation & Licensing Feedback Hub.  Like David said the issue is not completely SCCM problem.  As a test I put a pause in my SCCM OSD task sequence as the very last step.  Copied all the AutoDesk files down to the local computer and tried running the installation batch file, it instantly errors out.  Resume the OSD task sequence and immediately log in to the computer and run the same batch file and it runs fine.  So the "new" installer is looking for something that doesn't exist until users log in. I need to be able to install Autodesk products in the OSD environment deployment of 200+ computers and having to manually run the deployment on each one of them is not feasible. 

Message 7 of 81
dsolodow

So any updates on us being able to post to the "Installation and Licensing Feedback Hub"? Still throws an error about not having permission to post there.

Message 8 of 81

Hi @natasha.l 

It appears that I am not allowed to make a post to the Feedback Hub, others seem to be having the same issue?

"You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue."

Message 9 of 81
jeremys
in reply to: david.smith8GZ68

I was able to post on an existing thread in the Installation and Feedback Hub.  I hate hijacking someone else thread but it worked. My response time with my open ticket for the mater is on message a day and so far I've been told to log out and log back into the website so I can download the software that I have already downloaded.  Then my second message was a link to create the Custom Install that again I've already created. At this rate we should have resolution when the 2023 products are released

Message 10 of 81
david.smith8GZ68

I have an open ticket with our license reseller for this issue as well, one of their engineers is looking into it but this is going to fall back onto Autodesk to resolve...

Message 11 of 81
Lurifax

Hi,

just started to gather info about AutoCAD 2022 SCCM deployment so no experience yet. As a general remark SCCM uses SYSTEM account when deploying software, that account don't have rights to network. In the past the Adsk licensing installer didn't work with SYSTEM account. You can test the installation with SYSTEM account with this tip:

Run installation with System Account

http://richardbalsley.com/a-simple-tip-to-test-software-installation-using-the-local-system-account
psexec.exe -sid cmd.exe

Old example

.\Img\Setup.exe /W /q /I Img\Autodesk Civil 3D 2020 64Bit EN.ini /language en-us
.\Img\Setup.exe /W /I Img\Autodesk Civil 3D 2020 64Bit EN.ini /language en-us

Jester

Message 12 of 81
david.smith8GZ68
in reply to: Lurifax

H

That's not quite correct, during OSD the system account is used but if setup correctly the system account does certainty have access to network resources as most people do install from SMB shares.

Also when installing from Software Center when logged into the console of a workstation the system account also has network access.

I have been installing packaged autodesk deployments for quite some time now currently I am deploying 2016-2021 and am only expecting this issue with 2022 products. 
Message 13 of 81
david.smith8GZ68

That's not quite correct, during OSD the system account is used but if setup correctly the system account does certainty have access to network resources as most people do install from SMB shares.

Also when installing from Software Center when logged into the console of a workstation the system account also has network access.

I have been installing packaged autodesk deployments for quite some time now currently I am deploying 2016-2021 and am only expecting this issue with 2022 products.

Message 14 of 81
david.smith8GZ68

@Lurifax 

https://www.prajwal.org/sccm-network-access-account/

This will help you understand how to use a network access account in configuration manager to allow the system account access to network resources.

Sorry for my bad formatting etc, I am on my mobile currently. 

Message 15 of 81
Lurifax

Hi,

thank you for this clarification, good info. So the installation uses System Account for running the installation and Network Access Account to access network.

My point was just that when trying to debug a deployment you can run it in System Account -environment as that makes a difference in some cases, there are documented bugs (symbolic links?) that may prevent the installation to run correctly even if it runs perfectly with an admin account.

Lurifax

Message 16 of 81
david.smith8GZ68

Once the workstation is on the domain the computer account is also used to access network resources as well.

During OSD you can use 'Run Command Line' in the task sequence to run the install as another user on your domain by calling the script (just make sure the user has local administrator rights), I have tried this with no luck.

Message 17 of 81
david.smith8GZ68

Looks like Autodesk has released a new installer version "1.19.0.20" I have tested this today in OSD and it works fine. you will need to make a new deployment to get this new installer version, you can also remove Autodesk Desktop App from the web deployment creation!

Regards,

David

Message 18 of 81
jeremys

I'm still having issues just downloaded the 1.19.0.20 installer. modified the batch file to point to the files on my C: drive and still fails, care to share how your getting it to work?

Thanks
Jeremy
Message 19 of 81
david.smith8GZ68

Sure thing, I run it all off a network share and use the commands in the default bat file (the bat file that is created by the deployment). I make a folder called MECM and create two bat files in there one for install the other for uninstall (using the commands in the deployment bat file). I deploy it as an application in Configuration Manager using the MSI as a detection method. Make sure you are installing for system and whether or not a user is logged on, I also hide the programs visibility.

Message 20 of 81
david.smith8GZ68

So I tested OSD again, and the product installs but doesn't show up in add or remove programs not sure why it did once but it definitely isn't doing it anymore. I have a support call with Autodesk tomorrow afternoon. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report