Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD not working on High Sierra

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
883 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD not working on High Sierra

Hello guys, I have a problem with running any AutoCAD on my Mac. My OS is High Sierra 10.13.5. I can't install AutoCAD 2016, because my Mac has APFS disk format. 2017 is not running even with all updates. Application starts and stops working before even opening the file, so I have to force quit and I can't do anything. I thought 2018 version will be better, because it was supposed to be working on High Sierra and APFS, so I have downloaded the app and the update, but I have same problem here. It stops working before it opens file, so I still can't do anything. I tried restarting my Mac and reinstalling AutoCAD with cleaning all the AutoCAD folders, but it still didn't help. Do you have any ideas how I can solve this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
brad_hurley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous

I'm sorry for your troubles with AutoCAD for Mac.  Have you tried running the AutoCAD for Mac in safe mode or creating a new local admin account? 

For other possible solutions please refer to the article.

Unable to install, open or run AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT for Mac

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Unable-to-install-or-open-AutoCAD-AutoCAD-LT-for-Mac.html

Let us know if the solutions help.

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

BHurley
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
bisb1
in reply to: brad_hurley

I did and unfortunately it didn't help me.

Message 4 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: bisb1

AutoCAD for Mac 2016, 2017 versions need to be at a certain level to work on High Sierra..

See this article https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/... and upgrade your AutoCAD version.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 6
bisb1
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

But why 2018 is not working either? According to the article you posted "Versions 2018 - this is natively compatible with High Sierra."

Message 6 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: bisb1

@bisb1

I'm not a MAC user or expert.  So I would not have any clue how to rectify your issue..  Too me is sounds like something is not correct on your machine, like an unsupported video card or its out of date.  In addition I overlooked where it was stated the 2018 version didn't work either..   In the end good luck.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report