Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2023 run error: "pm16.dll" Module Not Found

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
d.nykiel
29404 Views, 32 Replies

AutoCAD 2023 run error: "pm16.dll" Module Not Found

Hello everybody,

today I try to install and run new AutoCAD 2023 app. When i try run the installed app i have error wchich is schowed in attached screenschoot. On the same device I have AutoCAD 2022 app and it works fine. I have already installed AC2023 on two other devices and they work fine. 

I try to reinstall this many times and install with different instalation and download options. I also tried instruction form this topic: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Fatal-...

but the error still exist.

I hope you can help me.

Tags (1)
Labels (3)
32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33
natasha.l
in reply to: d.nykiel

Hello @d.nykiel

Thanks for sharing the steps you have taken thus far. 

When you attempted to reinstall did you try a different download method? 

Try conducting the steps below to resolve this issue: 

1. Make sure your operating system meets the system requirements for the application you wish to install
  2. Conduct a Clean Uninstall of the previous installation & use the Microsoft Troubleshooter Tool to complete it
  3. Reboot the computer, make sure apps are not auto running in the background 
  4. Log in as Administrator (check your permissions, full control) or create a new profile
  5. Temporarily disable/disconnect security features such as Antivirus, Firewall, VPN & UAC on your Windows operating system.
  6. Apply the latest Autodesk Licensing Service Update & Single Sign On Component (2020 & up).
  7. Use the Browser Download Method in your Autodesk Account or via the AVA | Autodesk Virtual Agent (download all the parts)

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 33
jesseguevara

i have the same issue. did u find a solution?

Message 4 of 33
pendean
in reply to: jesseguevara
Message 5 of 33
jesseguevara
in reply to: pendean

no luck. I did a clean Uninstall. I also downgraded to 2022 autodesk Lt.
I received this error attached.
Message 6 of 33
pendean
in reply to: jesseguevara

@jesseguevara wrote:
no luck. I did a clean Uninstall. I also downgraded to 2022 autodesk Lt.
I received this error attached.

Start a support ticket through your subscription portal as explained here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options#:~....

Message 7 of 33
jesseguevara
in reply to: pendean

yea i got a reply from a support ticket finally and she instructed me to do a clean uninstall and redownload autocad using the autodesk app only not the browser. it did not work.     video of the error  

Message 8 of 33
mdavis22569

@d.nykiel 

We you able to get this resolved ... 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 9 of 33
jesseguevara
in reply to: mdavis22569

no solution today

Message 10 of 33
bagsitjean2

has anyone found a solution yet?

Message 11 of 33
mdavis22569

Try reinstalling the C++ / .NET

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-r...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-remove-and-reinst...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 12 of 33
mdavis22569

@d.nykiel 

Checking to see if any of the possible post were a solution 

Mike 

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 13 of 33

Has anyone found the solution to this issue?

Message 14 of 33
mdavis22569

Try the C++ /.NET reinstall I shared a couple of messages up.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 15 of 33
ntenthorey5U7LH

Great! I repaired .Net in control panel, used the Microsoft Uninstaller Tool to Uninstall. Rebooted, reinstalled, and its working now.

Message 16 of 33

Works for me. 💪
Message 17 of 33
d.nykiel

Hello,

unfortunately in my case none of the above advice solved the problem. I have tried everything:

- repeated clean installation of AutoCAD 2023 from different sources and different language versions (interestingly in the Autodesk desktop application, I never get the option to install AutoCAD 2023. I can install all other programs like Revit, Robot etc. without any problem from the Autodesk desktop application. If I install Advance Steel 2023 from within this application it also installs AutoCAD 2023 but always with the same errors as from other sources),

- repeated reinstallation of C++ /.NET packages.

During today's attempt there were new errors when starting the freshly installed AutoCAD 2023, I add them in the appendix,

- installing AutoCAD 2023.1 update by downloading the installer from the Autodesk website.

During today's attempt, new errors have appeared when launching the freshly installed AutoCAD 2023. I add 3 in the attachments. The fourth one is "AcGe24.dll".

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Message 18 of 33
astefanovic_KP

Hi,

Did you try to uninstall and after that install ALL MS Visual C++ Redistributables you have on your machine. I downloaded them through the Microsoft website.

It worked for me when I had an issue with Civil 3D 2022 installation after uninstalling Civil 3D 2021.

BTW try to avoid British/International English versions and install the English version.

Good luck 🤞

Message 19 of 33
mdavis22569

@d.nykiel  All set?

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 20 of 33
d.nykiel
in reply to: astefanovic_KP

Yes, I've done it before, it didn't help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report