Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2021 still showing in Windows after Uninstall

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
agustinWYULP
2107 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2021 still showing in Windows after Uninstall

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has had this issue. I recently updated AutoCAD 2021 to AutoCAD 2022.

I uninstalled AutoCAD 2021 in programs and features in Windows but it is still appearing in the list of apps in settings and can't seem to remove it from this list. I have also performed an uninstallation using the Autodesk Uninstall app, and AutoCAD 2021 still shows up in the list. After doing this I checked programs and features and it does not show up there but it still shows up in the apps list in settings. It does not let me uninstall from settings because the button is greyed out and wont let me modify it either. I have updated Windows and firmware to the latest version but it still appears in the apps list. I am guessing this could be a bug or an issue with Windows but I am not sure. Does anyone else know what else I can do to remove this from the apps list in settings? I have included a screenshot. Please let me know if anyone has any information on this. Thank you!Screenshot 2022-02-03 155705.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: agustinWYULP

Did you restart your PC yet? Do so now if not, it is important.
Message 3 of 4
agustinWYULP
in reply to: pendean

Hello,

Yes I have restarted every time I performed any update or uninstallation and it still shows up. 

Message 4 of 4
agustinWYULP
in reply to: agustinWYULP

I was able to fix this issue. To fix you need to delete the display name in regedit. I recommend to back up the folder first. go to: 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall - find the folder of the uninstalled app and delete the display name. Reboot and it should be gone when you check it again. Thank you for your help!

agustinWYULP_0-1644438283705.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report