Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 Education - Expired Subscription

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
davidv917
1838 Views, 14 Replies

Fusion 360 Education - Expired Subscription

I have an education account as a member of the school district IT team, however when myself and many of our students who also have verified education accounts via SheerID get the message that the trial has ended with Fusion 360.  This happens on both desktop installs of Fusion 360 and accessing Fusion 360 via the cloud version on a Chromebook.  If I pull the logs I can see that it states UserType: Trial EntitlementType: Trial in the logs.  I believe this is due to there is a Fusion team space that it's hooking to that was created when in Trial Mode.  In Fusion 360 this is what myself and many students are receiving.  I have tried to clear the cache data via Fusion 360 which doesn't correct the issue either.

screenshot1.JPG

I have contacted Education Support many times via the chat and have gotten nowhere with resolving this issue.  I have done a clean uninstall of Fusion 360, tried different computers, done a full reset of the computers, tried the cloud version.  I have no problems getting access to other Autodesk software with my educational account but something seems stuck in the cloud that has my account not being recognized by Fusion 360 as an educational account.

I have tried connecting via a different network as well to eliminate the school districts firewall possibly blocking something.  In addition, have contacted SheerID as well and they have referred me back to Autodesk as they state my account and other students accounts have been verified and active.

Any help that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
leowarren34
in reply to: davidv917

Hi @davidv917,

There are a couple of things we can check before we absolutely need support.

Firstly on the education portal, make sure you are verified, login - if you are verified you will see an expiration date: https://www.autodesk.com/education/edu-software/overview

Secondly: Check https://manage.autodesk.com/ and make sure Fusion 360 is visible under products and services

Finally: Request Fusion 360 from the Education portal again - this should make sure Fusion has been added to your license on the current system.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Trial-... 

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 3 of 15
davidv917
in reply to: leowarren34

Unfortunately this didn't work still stuck with an expired subscription

Here's some screenshots of what what I'm seeing

Active Edu account

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 8.15.51 AM.jpg

manage.autodesk.com has no products (looking for Fusion 360 after clicking Get License)

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 8.17.13 AM.jpg

After clicking Get License for Fusion 360 it says I Congrats that I have access but get this screen only

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 8.16.30 AM.jpg

 When launching Fusion 360 either with Web version (Chromebook) or Client Desktop version get Expired Subscription and this is what the logs show.

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 10.09.43 AM.jpg

If I go to the Fusion 360 project folder it has me as a Basic Access

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 8.18.37 AM.jpg

Any help would greatly be appreciated what I'm seeing is also happening to a large number of our students as well that have had their Autodesk account verified and made active by SheerID however we are unable to access Fusion 360.

Thanks,
Dave

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

I am having the same problem!

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

We are also having this problem! And no students can create a new account as a stopgap because the verification system seems to be down.

Message 6 of 15
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Sadly there is not much anyone can do about it here: keep trying once the verification system is back up.
Message 7 of 15
gabe.anderson

Hi @davidv917-

Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear that you and your students are running into this. 

When you scroll down on the Fusion 360 for Educational Institutions download page, do you see the below section with links to download the Fusion Lab Install Package?

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 12.04.05 PM.png

Also, your students will need to ensure they're clicking "Get product" -> ACCESS on the Fusion 360 card on the Get Products page of the Education Community:

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 3.41.52 PM.png

They may need to sign out then back in to Fusion 360 after activating the educational license.

For your students, in the top left of Fusion 360, you may also want to have them check the team with which they're associated—and make sure they're not connected with a team on a non-educational license:

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 12.15.42 PM.png

Hope this helps, and please keep us posted on any progress.

-Gabe

Gabe Anderson
Senior Product Manager, Education Subscription
Autodesk Education Experiences

Autodesk Education | Contact Autodesk Education Support
Message 8 of 15
davidv917
in reply to: gabe.anderson

Hi Gabe,

When I scroll down on the page I'm not seeing what your showing for the Fusion 360 page.   I've tried multiple browsers, cleared cache etc... Here's what I see on the Fusion 360 page after I click the button that I've got access to educational products

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 1.42.06 PM.jpg

 Also I've never seen the the Access button that you have shown in the second screen shot.  Also when I look in Fusion Teams I only see other students teams and can't create one due to being a basic account I believe.

Thanks,
Dave

Message 9 of 15
leowarren34

Hi @davidv917,

Since this is also happening to your students it's likely a sync error - educational support will need to fix this for you: https://www.autodesk.com/education/support 

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 10 of 15
gabe.anderson

Hi @davidv917-

Thanks for the additional info. Along with Leo's suggestion, students should be able to see the ACCESS button on the Fusion 360 card after clicking "Get product."

For IT admin user roles, the experience is different and the link you'll see says "Get license" and brings you to the page with the screenshot I shared previously. 

Re: the download section not loading for you, I was able to reproduce that as an IT admin user and have reported the issue to our engineering team to address ASAP.

Gabe Anderson

Message 11 of 15
gabe.anderson

Hi Folks-

Thanks for your patience. If you're using Chrome, we have a fix that's now live for the Fusion 360 for Educational Institutions download page.

There are some sporadic issues with the page not loading as expected in Firefox or Safari, and the team is still working to address that, but in the meantime, you should be able to access the download you need via Chrome.

Thanks,

Gabe

Gabe Anderson

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

Hello,

I'm the IT manager of a french school, and I have exactly the same problem...

This happens after the reenrolment of my account (in 2022 january) : all my Autodesk programs are working well (Autocad, 3DS max, Inventor), but now NOT Fusion360 (my account is noted as expired).

Before my reenrolment, Fusion360 worked well, but not after... so I think it's an Autodesk problem of reenrolment...

For one month now (january) the Autodesk support try to resolve this problem, asking me to uninstall/reisntall Fusion360, with no success... by changing interlocutors, which makes me doing the same things, with no success...

Too, I installed Fusion360 on brand new computers, with the same effect : account expired !

So, I gave my credentials to the Autodesk support.

I told them to test Fusion360 on their computers with my credentials, in order to isolate the problem : is it from MY computer or is it from MY credentials ?

If it's my credentials, the problem is from Autodesk reenrolment... it's easy to test, but apparently, from ONE MONTH they don't understand my methodology...

So for a month, I can't use Fusion360 to train my new colleagues, and it broke my training schedule for 2022...

I have less and less confidence in this education version...

Best regard,

Olivier from France

Message 13 of 15
gabe.anderson

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for sharing these details and sorry for the frustration.

I think you're able to use other products besides Fusion 360 because you're using the network or multi-seat standalone licensing for those products, whereas Fusion 360 uses a named user subscription. 

Typically, education customers who have the role of verified IT admin would receive a notification in Fusion 360 to activate the education license.

However, we took a look at your account, and it looks like an old subscription to Fusion 360 is conflicting with your ability to activate the product.

Given that you are teaching Fusion 360 to other educators, one work-around would be for you to contact our education support team (click Quick links -> Create a case) and request that your role be reset from IT admin to educator.

This should allow you to access Fusion 360 via the Education Community (you can click Get product -> ACCESS there or after this is complete, you should see the notification within Fusion 360 to activate your education license). 

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Gabe

Gabe Anderson

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: gabe.anderson

Hello,

Thanks to Gabe Anderson, I found the problem of my expired account : it was because my account is an "IT admin" account.

It seems that, with the new annual renewal, my "IT account" is not very well recognized by Fusion360...

So I created a new account, and everything is fine now.

Maybe my old (2015) "IT account" was corrupted in the Autodesk database...

So the problem is closed.

Best regards Gabe,

Olivier

Message 15 of 15
gabe.anderson

Hi @Anonymous,

That's great! Glad you were able to create a new account and get the access you needed to Fusion 360.

Thanks for confirming. 

Regards,

Gabe

Gabe Anderson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report