Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2017 Install error

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
640 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCAD 2017 Install error

When I try to install AutoCAD 2017 Education Editions it gets to the Library and pops up a message saying the Materi~1.cab file is corrupt. I have tried to re-download the file and still the same results. I have disabled my firewall and anti virus software. I have also tried to run as administrator but still no results.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Download from the Autodesk Virtual Agent and be sure to get both of these files.

Double click on 001 of 002 to start the install process after download of both.

AutoCAD 2017.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community...

Like @JDMather has indicated, use the Autodesk Virtual Agent or download/install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent (link is in my signature) and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

Good luck on your installation.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks for the Reply however when it goes to install AutoCAD I get an error saying communication and that the communication has been lost with the website. Any Suggestions. I have tried multiple ways. Thanks

Message 5 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

If you used the Virtual Agent method as @JDMather and I have indicated you shouldn't be getting any communication error while installing.  Did you follow the steps that we provided?

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Yes I went through the virtual agent. and followed the steps given.

Message 7 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Provide us with your installation log file..  Just make sure to remove your serial # it is present in it.

Mark Lancaster

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Here is the file i didn't see a serial number if this is not the particular file you want let me know what i am looking for thanks.

Message 9 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

There's nothing in these log files..  Did you install anything?  The log shows it started and then stopped.

Here use the AIDA tool and provide the zip file when its down.

Mark Lancaster

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

I got it to install finally. I have tried Firefox and Edge but no success. So last night I tried with Google Chrome through the Virtual agent and when i clicked the file i needed it opened another page and actually started installing. Thanks for the tips. If anyone else has a similar issue they may want to try Chrome if they have not already. Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report