Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2016 Network License Error

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
554 Views, 11 Replies

AutoCAD 2016 Network License Error

Hi,

When we open Autocad 2016 it shows License error . Its not working with which registered serial number clasing with another network license number and it stop working. This Serial Number:xxx-xxxxxxxx is clasing with xxx-xxxxxxxx.

@Anonymous the post has been edited by @michele.mk to protect sensitive data (serial number)

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

hello, you can try to refer to this LINK previous thread maybe can help. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 12
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

The -4 error indicates there's no more license left.  Can you confirm that?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 12
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

Welcome back. 

Please locate Lmtools  in C:\Autodesk \Network License Manager (folder) then Config Services Tab > View Log Button. Also include Server Status Tab > Perform Status Enquiry  & please attach the results.

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 5 of 12
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

I wanted to check-in with you, can you please provide the information to further assist you? 

Thank you. 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi, License is available. i also checked the serial number through REGEDIT and it shows different serial number which i gave at the time of installation, but when we are going to launch auto cad then it shows no license available. we have 2 license for Auto CAD 2016 .

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Hello,

Still facing same network license issue.  We request you to guide us in order to change serial number AutoCAD 2016 application. It was classing with another network license.

Message 8 of 12
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

There's no need to change the serial # in the application.  It uses the serial # it gets from the license manager.

Are you saying you have 2 Autodesk license managers running?

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

We are running 2 Auto CAD 2016 with different serial numbers. means 2 license of 2016.

Message 10 of 12
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Ok..  But they (the 2 different serial numbers) should be in the same license file..  There's no need to have 2 license files to do this.

Update:  Meaning you combine both license into one by copying and pasting..

Mark Lancaster

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

@Mark.Lancaster yes license file is only one.

Message 12 of 12
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

I guess I'm confused at this point since you keep saying its clashing with another license.  Can you explain what you mean by this?

Mark Lancaster

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report