Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 cannot install

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
779 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 cannot install

Hi there

I can't reinstall AutoCAD 2015 after uninstalling it due to problems. Can someone help?

Screenshot (125).pngScreenshot (126).png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community...

See this article and I would also recommend for you to perform a clean uninstall per these instructions.  Just make sure to adjust settings if you have other Autodesk products already installed/working on your machine.

Then download and install per:

1. Access the Autodesk Virtual Agent and follow the download links to your product.
2. Download all of the parts (some applications only have a single part to download) for your product first. Do not continue until all of the parts have fully downloaded.
3. Navigate to your download folder location and extract (double click) part _001_00X.sfx.exe (or the single file download).
4. In a few seconds the extraction will start and prompt you to extract to C:\Autodesk.
5. Once the extraction is finished, the installation will automatically start.
6. Follow the installation steps for your product

If you want the full recommended installation steps, click on the installation link in my signature.

However if the installation does fail using this method, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.  Posting info: Sometimes installation log files contain personal information such as your serial #.  Prior to posting your log file please make sure to remove such info.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I cannot uninstall Autodesk Content Service and Autodesk Desktop App. When I try to uninstall Autodesk Content Service, a pop up says 'Failed to get Allied products' and I would be unable to uninstall it. As for Autodesk Desktop App, a pop up says, 'Autodesk Desktop App is still running on this computer. All instances must be quit prior to uninstall.'

If I am unable to uninstall these two Autodesk products, I might not be able to install other Autodesk products as the articles you sent stated to get rid of all Autodesk apps.

Message 4 of 7
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

You need to go into WIndows/Services and stop both of these services.

2-20-2017 8-56-14 AM.jpg

Then continue with the uninstall steps.  If you are unable to uninstall either one of these, don't worry about it.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I followed the steps but nothing worked. Plus, I don't know where to find the ProductInformation.pit file on my comp. Maybe that is why I can't reinstall AutoCAD.

Message 6 of 7
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

C:\Programdata is a hidden folder.  Are you viewing hidden files and folders?

Mark Lancaster

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Nope, I don't even know where to find hidden files/folders, unfortunately. 😞 

I don't know if I can ever reinstall AutoCAD 2015 on my PC again, but I have an old Mac with AutoCAD 2015 on it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report