Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing a faster way for educators to get students up and running with Autodesk products

42 REPLIES 42
Message 1 of 43
gabe.anderson
5053 Views, 42 Replies

Announcing a faster way for educators to get students up and running with Autodesk products

An upcoming enhancement to the Autodesk Education plan will soon be making it faster and easier for educators to get an entire class of students up and running with Autodesk® products. 

The enhancement will enable eligible educators to access 125 single-user subscriptions for each Autodesk product in the Autodesk Education plan and assign these subscriptions to eligible students. Students will be able to bypass the individual process used to confirm educational eligibility and instead get access to Autodesk products through an automated invitation initiated by their educator. 

This enhancement offers three key benefits: 

• Speed – Students will be able to start working with Autodesk products within minutes of receiving an invitation. 
  • Ease of use – Students will be able to bypass the confirmation of eligibility process and have the same, streamlined getting started experience. 
  • Flexibility – Students with a single-user subscription to a product will be able to install the product on up to three different computers, such as a laptop, home computer, and school computer. Students will also be able to sign in to a product on any computer where that product is installed, so long as they are signed in to just one place at a time. 

Educators who plan to use this enhancement should be sure to keep their educational eligibility current. Eligibility status can be checked to going to the Get Products page within the Education Community and signing in.  

Watch how this enhancement will work and stay tuned for the official launch announcement coming soon. 

EDU Plan Enhancement.png

Gabe Anderson
Senior Product Manager, Education Subscription
Autodesk Education Experiences

Autodesk Education | Contact Autodesk Education Support
42 REPLIES 42
Message 21 of 43

that's great 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the above reply answers your question; Please mark it with ACCEPT SOLUTION
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mohamed Nassar , ACP, Autodesk Ambassador Gold
BIM Support / Structure Modeler
Message 22 of 43
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

awesome
Message 23 of 43

Ótima iniciativa!

Message 24 of 43

Ótima noticia!!!!

Só espero que os educadores aproveitem essa possibilidade para ensinarem softwares BIM e entendam que o AutoCad não deve ser ensinado nas escolas como primeira opção, mas sim como ultima.

Message 25 of 43
dh.afnan
in reply to: gabe.anderson

Really good news.

Message 26 of 43
hachnayen

Thats fantatic news . waiting for that.

Message 27 of 43
patmouro

Acredito que facilitará bastante. Parabéns pela iniciativa.

Message 28 of 43
hachnayen

wow, that's good step. good to hear this news. 

Message 29 of 43
JuanYusta

Thank you!!
It really is great news. I have been a teacher since before the pandemic and the account accreditation process for many of my students has been complex. Sometimes there are educational institutions that do not send certificates to students easily, you have to do a paperwork and that takes time.
This new modality will help thousands of students, really one of the big problems I have had as a teacher has been that students confirm the eligibility of their account and download the programs on their own computers,

Thank you very much for this news!

Message 30 of 43
jose43714

Excelente!!

Message 31 of 43

Excelente!!

Message 32 of 43
Grover_Puma

perfect !!!

ACEPTA LA SOLUCION que responde a tu pregunta, esto ayudará a otros a encontrar respuestas de una manera mas sencilla.
Si te gusta esta publicación, dale ME GUSTA.

Saludos!
Message 33 of 43
Anonymous

Excellent!!!!
Message 34 of 43

Great!

Message 35 of 43
junita

FANTASTIC!!!

Message 36 of 43
artlover01

Excellent idea

Message 37 of 43
Anonymous

Wonderful ! Really a great initiative!

Message 38 of 43
miftaullah9

Wow,waiting for it

Thanks & Regards
Mifta Ullah

Message 39 of 43
Licensing

As most schools have more than 125 students and having individual student accounts is not only undesirable and impractical I would welcome a overhaul to the entire the licensing model over token changes. At present education users get a terrible support experience and autodesks licensing model is one of the worst I have ever come across. Every year it takes months to get re-licenced and despite being a large organisation any deployment involves individually installing the software on each machine. It might be excellent CAD software but from a deployment and administration point of view its got a long way to go.  

Message 40 of 43
gabe.anderson
in reply to: Licensing

Hi @Licensing,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, and sorry for the frustration you've experienced with our licensing.

If you'd like to connect with me to share more details, I'd be happy to meet with you. You can direct message me via the forums or email me at <my first name>.<my last name>@autodesk.com.

Regards,

Gabe 

Gabe Anderson
Senior Product Manager, Education Subscription
Autodesk Education Experiences

Autodesk Education | Contact Autodesk Education Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report