Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adappmgr.exe not installing updates.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
thomas.helms221
1452 Views, 3 Replies

Adappmgr.exe not installing updates.

Okay, So after extensively searching the forums, I finally decided to post to see if I could find a solution to my particular issue.

Background information

OS: Windows 8.1 Pro (Fresh install, all applicable updates applied)

Product: Autodesk Building Design Suite 2016 (Standalone License)

Product causing issue: Autodesk Application Manager (version: 5.0.142.0)

Issue Description

Autodesk Application Manager successfully finds and downloads updates, launches UAC prompt, after selecting yes, it appears the update just ceases to run.  

Application log states: 

DEBUG 2015-08-03T07:59:25.905 TID(11172) InstProxyIPCMgr::sendRequest: { "_APPID" : "AdAppMgr", "_PROTOCOL" : "ADAPPMGRSVC_1", "_REQUEST" : "INSTALLNEXT", "_USERID" : "ThomasHelms-PC-Thomas" }
DEBUG 2015-08-03T07:59:25.906 TID(11172) InstProxyIPCMgr::onRequestServerReadyRead: { "ErrorCode" : 6, "ErrorString" : "AdAppMgr:ThomasHxxxxxs-PC-Thomas is not registered.", "Status" : "ERROR" }
DEBUG 2015-08-03T07:59:25.906 TID(11172) InstProxyIPCMgr::sendRequest(response): { }
TRACE 2015-08-03T07:59:25.906 TID(11172) AdAppMgrSvcInstProxy: exited (0)
TRACE 2015-08-03T07:59:25.907 TID(11172) InstProxyIPCMgr::onRequestServerDisconnected

Any help resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: thomas.helms221

I am actually seeing this same type of error on another user right now. I haven't found a solution yet but I will post back here when I do. Just out of curiosity, what is the windows account username/computer name you are using?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 4
thomas.helms221
in reply to: asburyj

It appears the old issue of a space in the user account name is back.  I tried the sulotion for that even though it was for an older version and it worked.  the account user name I was using was "Thomas Helms" the new account I created was "Admin"  So that appears to be the issue.  

Message 4 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: thomas.helms221

Hi Thomas,

Yes we recently discovered the same thing. The Development team has been alerted and will work on a permanent fix. I am sorry to say that in the mean time you will need to use the workaround. Here's a link to that incase anyone stumbles upon this with the same issue.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/When-the-Application-Mana...

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report