Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
264 Views, 2 Replies

3DS DOESN'T OPEN

Hello,

i've installed 3ds Max 2017 on my ASUS Laptop with nVidia 950m (updated to the last driver) with Windows 10 (anniversary update) 64 bit version.

Everything OK during the installation but if i try to open the program it's starts with a flash of the initialization and then nothing. Nothing in the task manager to kill.

Tried to restore, uninstall-reinstall, install via Administrator permission, tried different compatibily option but nothing.

Anyone else with this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community..

When Autodesk Products failed to launch most time it points to an out-dated or non-supported video card.  Check to make sure you have the latest video card driver and don't rely on Windows telling you its up-to-date.  Go directly to the vendor's web site.  In addition if you can rollback the Win 10 Anniversary update.  Its is causing headaches in the Autodesk community.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

Thank you for being a part of the community. It is hard to know what the issue is with such limited information I have included a link > Windows Software Repair Tool that may help you figure out your Windows 10 OS issue. 

I hope this answered your question or resolved the issue, if so please click

Kudos or the "thumbs-up!" icon.

Did my response help resolve the issue? Please "Accept As Solution" to help others in the community.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report