Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 Product key not valid?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
913 Views, 3 Replies

2018 Product key not valid?

I recently had IT build me a new computer and had to reinstall everything. I saw that Navisworks 2018 was out so I jumped on that and threw it on my computer instead of the 2017 I have been using. Now when I go to run the program I am prompted to enter my serial number and product key. I enter my original serial number and product key but it gives me a "not vaild" error. Is this a known issue with 2018? Do I need to revert to 2017?Navisworks product key issue.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

Where did you get the serial number and product key - your Autodesk account page?  Or are you re-using the 2017 ones?

Edit: this board is for the Navisworks API - in other words customizing the program with programming.  I'll have the mods move this thread over to the installation and licensing board, where you'll get better responses.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I have the same problem during activation. How did you solve it?

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

My IT department ended up taking care of it for me. I think they ended up having to contact support and have the old license removed and a new one applied to the Autodesk account. I can't remember though. Sorry, I wish I could be more helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report