Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle Tracking Inside Infraworks... Please Pretty Please!!

Vehicle Tracking Inside Infraworks... Please Pretty Please!!

Roundabout.png

AIW Roundabout.png

Wouldn't it be nice to see Vehicle Tracking inside of Infraworks! 

I created a preliminary Roundabout model for a client to propose to the DOT a new development that needs access to a highway and the only junction the DOT will consider is a roundabout.  I thought perfect I'll use Infraworks and the roundabout tool, so I built a model complete with new city streets, along with the developers site development, parking lots, parking striping, 3D buildings, landscaping, etc. which they were all very impressed by.  Then we got to the roundabout and the first thing the pointed out was it wasn't an accurate representation of a roundabout. I explained to them that this roundabout is up to Federal highway standards and was a criteria based design.  The client asked where are the islands, where are the sidewalks, wheres the signage, and kept firing questions at me....   

Luckily I believe in being very well prepared so I had modeled this roundabout inside Civil 3D with Vehicle Tracking and was able to show them that.  In the end I showed them what they needed to see to make decisions but they all wanted to see that level of detail in the Infraworks 3D model.  

The client wasn't very understanding when I showed him the roundabout in Civil 3D and how detailed it was with splitter islands, cross walks, sidewalks, etc.  I explained to them that Infraworks is a preliminary design tool and we use it to have conversations in context to allow us to get decisions made sooner so we can then take it to the next level which is detailed design inside of Civil 3D.  

Please consider adding this to the next release.  Everyone's clients would appreciate this addition I believe!

Thank you for your consideration!

Casey Bekkerus 

2 Comments
caseybek95
Advocate

Almost 2 years on the Idea Board and 99 votes... I wonder if this idea will ever get enough support for this to happen?!

Keep the votes coming, hopefully the developers can make this happen! 

ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

This is definitely nice to have item but would like to have more insight on use-cases and whether current Traffic Simulation and Mobility Simulation can handle this need.

I have already reached out to a few folks to get more details. Lets put this as future consideration for now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report