Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segmental bridges and variable spans

Segmental bridges and variable spans

Two years back, in 1917, I had raised a query:

I am from India where lot of metro works are in progress. I can not use Infraworks for this projects, firstly because of non-availability segmental bridge module and secondary because of variable spans.

Segmental bridges are necessary one has to work on quite busy roads, where working space limit the choice. 

Variable spans are necessary because you don't know where alignment or span is changing. Things are very uncertain.

So coming back to my query, I was assured that this problem will be solved in 2020 version. I can not find it.

Neither there  is announcement  nor actual implemnetion.

All those, who had a strong faith in AutoDesk, have been betrayed. The works worth few millions are waste. Look at 

case studies across India, you will hardly find they are not realistic.

Who is to be blamed. Who lost and win. 

1 Comment

Hi @rajendra.deshpandehyd ,

Our Product Manager for Bridges and Civil Structures, Ara Ashikian, put together some more information for you, and I am posting on his behalf.

Please visit this page: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/infraworks/learn-explore/caas/simplecontent/content/segmental...

You will find an excerpt from a webinar we hosted in September 2018. Starting in InfraWorks 2019, we implemented the ability to let users add generic objects along bridges and tunnels.  These can represent complex parametric 3D Inventor parts or assemblies and can be used to model many types of bridge superstructure components such as precast segmental box girders.  We plan to add further refinements to these capabilities such that they automatically adjust to curved in plan alignments with variable superelevation etc.  In order to tackle these type of more complex bridge models, users need to leverage the solid modeling capabilities in Inventor to extend the component libraries in InfraWorks.  We are in the process of creating dedicated tutorial videos as well as new content to add to the shipping libraries.

The first part of the video shows how simpler parametric box girders can also be modeled and have their properties adjusted via in-canvas slices.

Ara also added an excerpt from a presentation video that he showed at AU 2018, illustrating how we implemented a powerful and convenient feature to allow users to open up their bridge in Excel and modify any parameter there before updating their InfraWorks model.  This is quite useful for larger bridges.  In the video example, Ara shows a 50+ span segmental bridge example.

Regards,

Ara Ashikian, P.Eng

Autodesk PM, Bridges and Civil Structures

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report