Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More OOTB bridge content

More OOTB bridge content

I work in Texas, and our structural engineers follow TxDOT for any bridge work, no matter the project size. Primary reasoning is that TxDOT has details for all of the different parts that go into the bridge, and the engineers don't want to redo any of that work. The only part of it they do is the analysis, which they still do using the older non-graphical programs TxDOT provides for free.

I want them to start using IW for bridge layout and analysis, so that I can maintain that dynamic link as I bring it into Civil 3D for plan production, but we can't afford to put the time into making the bridge content for that to happen.

I'd really like if we can have the DOT content out of the box. This makes sense especially for the larger DOTs in the nation, if not globally. 

TxDOT Bridge Details 

3 Comments
ara.ashikian
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Your points are well taken.  There are many advantages in using and leveraging the InfraWorks led bridge workflows.  While we have, and continue to focus on the implementation of key functionality, we are planning to add more bridge content OOTB, in order to provide a richer starting point.  This includes TxDOT content.  In addition to the link you provided, is there another link that provides details for typical TxDOT piers, abutments, foundations and bearings?

Thanks,

Ara Ashikian, P.Eng

Autodesk, Product Manager

Bridges and Civil Structures

AdammReilly
Collaborator

That link was the primary source for 'bridge-like' details, which include abutments, foundations, culverts and so on. I double checked with my structural team, and that's where they source their details from. If there's anything else you're looking for, this link will take you to the statewide page of details for TxDOT:  http://www.dot.state.tx.us/business/standardplanfiles.htm 

rrodriguezHNPCK
Contributor

To support this request and clarify, almost all counties and municipalities follow the TxDOT standards when designing bridges or when they ask for engineering firms to do the design. The contractors all buy precast parts built to TxDOT standards for any project within the state. In fact, we really don't construct anything outside of that, unless it's a precast arch bridge (like Contech or Eco-Span, etc.), so providing us with models that don't let us use TxDOT standards is not useful.  I'm about to start a bridge project for a two lane county road and would love to use my Infraworks model that I used for the preliminary presentation, but it doesn't use the right standards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report