Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PURGE/VACUUM Tool for down model to reasonable size

PURGE/VACUUM Tool for down model to reasonable size

The ability to reduce file size of infraworks model or keep the sqlite database in minimal size using purge or vacuum tool. Since SQLite database file may get larger and larger as time goes by. Even if the data is deleted from the database, the database file will not be shrunk. Infraworks need this tool immediately..

Damayanti

10 Comments
KPerison
Collaborator
I entirely agree with this !! Model gets very bloated very quickly.
KPerison
Collaborator

The model size balloons out of control very quickly.  When data is removed from model the size of the database does not get any smaller.

ramesh_sridharan
Autodesk

KPerison, Can you provide some information on what type of data (or data sources) you are working with?

nrdamayanti
Advocate

@ramesh_sridharan in my case that's happened when I used fbx file. My fbx huge and detail (some above 500 mb). After deleting the old fbx and reimport the new fbx (because of design changes) infraworks model always getting bigger and bigger. Even deleting all fbx file size not reduced

scheel
Advocate

The Purging/vacuum-Tool should not only purging the sqlite database.

More imoirtant are the files section.

I have import some caniddates of a big ECW-image of more the 2 GB each and release them after a moment.

My model grown to more the 7 GB in moments in the files section. Duplicate the model didn't solve the problem

it copy also the unneeded/released data.

Thorsten 

Eric_Chappell
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Does the current way that InfraWorks 360 handles the cache meet your needs to keep the model size smaller?  What I mean is that the surface tile cache location is separate from the sqlite file and corresponding folder: 

STC.png

scheel
Advocate

No, this doesn't meet our needs. The model size is stil growing but then split in different directories.

And during copy the model it still copy all file, also the files still not needed.

Same with proposals or testing with bigger 3d-parts or Images.

Thorsten

Eric_Chappell
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

Our product team is reviewing this internally.  Stay tuned.

Raghavendra_Bhat
Contributor

Have some kind of cleanup tool that will remove the unwanted data from the are that has been cropped off will be of good help. 

neilyj666
Mentor

Any movement on this topic - nearly 6 years under review?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report