Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change draworder of road layer

Change draworder of road layer

If you have Projects with many different data and layers it would be helpful to Change the draw order of road layers. This is only posibble with coverages and surfaces. With the collaboration you have now more different layers in your Projects and in many cases it is useful to Change the draworder. 

4 Comments
lippola
Alumni
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hey Eric, what is the purpose of having a drawing order for roads in IW?

Roads are part of the terrain "layer" and therefore there is no drawing order at all. The list you see in the Subsurface layer panel is just a listing of all transportation assets in your model and aren't related to any drawing order. Changing the order wouldn't do a thing.

What is your expectation for having this?

TrevN
Collaborator

I think what he means, and I would want this too, is to change the settings where roads currently take precedent over all other objects, and be able to layer a road under objects.

There are many times we want to a coverage over a road, but currently cannot do it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TrevN : You're also right.

But after the implementation of ArcGIS Online you could have new road layers, Coverage layers etc. You could change the draw ordner of surfaces, coverages, but not of road layers, see my screenshot. 

TrevN
Collaborator

This is still an issue, can we have an update if this is going to be possible?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report