Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic 4D Construction Sequencing

Basic 4D Construction Sequencing

Would like to see an extended Storyboard in which we can switch between Proposals using Transitions. This way we could do some basic construction sequencing or phasing in better quality then Navisworks.

Also would like this to be added to the webviewer of course.

An example I already did in InfraWorks 360 but had to use separate editing software to do the transi...

13 Comments
markus_briglmeir
Community Manager

Hi John, 

That is a really great video!

What exactly do you envision to get in the web viewer?

On the InfraWorks 360 Rolling Sandbox we are looking for feedback for Points of Interest that can show html tooltips. Which could include a video. For InfraWorks 360 web viewer. Would that help?

POIs (2).jpg

Markus

John_DeLeeuw
Advisor

Hi Markus, thanks for the compliment Smiley Wink

I think your suggestion can work for me. If the desktop version of AIW can produce these videos and then after publishing to some public service, then these video's could be accessed by the web viewer trough embedding code in the tooltips indeed. I will do a test with this and let you know my results in the Sandbox forum.

Concerning the web viewer I have some more questions which I'll also ask you there.

Kind regards,

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous please have a look at this!!! Totally worth it! I can show real construction videos with sequences in Navisworks, but nothing for Infrastructure!

Eric_Chappell
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

I'm checking with the product team on this...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much @Eric_Chappell, I appreciate it. I do think that this will be awesome for a lot of people, especially if we have to simulate phases of the MOT (Management Of Traffic).

Have a great day

mlwellhausen
Contributor

I'd be a huge fan if we could produce rendered videos of grade excavation/fill, road/parking lot builds, and building construction similar to what Sketchup or Synchro can do. Add that capability to its power with scan data, import of Formit & Revit models, and landscaping components; this product would be amazing for logistic plans and construction sequencing. The main thing many Autodesk products are missing (or I haven't found) is the motion section or animation so you actually see geometry coming together. i.e. Inventor Studio. I look forward to seeing the development!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eric_Chappell Hi Eric are there already know new developments on this topic?

ara.ashikian
Autodesk

On the InfraWorks bridge front, we have future plans to add customizable construction sequencing, including Inventor based parametric equipment as part of the animation.

-Ara

PM InfraWorks / Bridges

Autodesk

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear @ara.ashikian,

that sounds like a  great news! Can you be a little bit more specific?

Thank you so much!

Nicola

ceethreedee.com
Collaborator

Looking forward to seeing that proposal band down the bottom next to everything else!. Maybe even a "Proposal Cycle" features would be cool!

And of course some sort of transition effects!

proposal display in band on storyboardproposal display in band on storyboard

chad-smith-hy
Enthusiast

This is very high on my IW wishlist.

rttitoRKZ3Y
Explorer

HELLO WE HAVE BEEN WORKING ON RIVER BANK DEFENSE PROJECTS THIS SOLUTION WOULD SUPPORT A LOT DURING THE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION

ara.ashikian
Autodesk

While this feature is still on the roadmap, we have been focusing on other higher priority feature development.  At the moment, a typical workflow, for bridges in InfraWorks,  is to publish the model to imx and open in Revit and then into NavisWorks for 4D/5D phasing.

-Ara

PM Bridges / Civil Structures

Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report