Community
InfraWorks Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s InfraWorks Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular InfraWorks topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get shape files?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
592 Views, 4 Replies

Where to get shape files?

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if there is somewhere to download shape files from? I've been watching the tutorial videos and lots of them talk about importing shape files and going from there but I haven't found any that discuss how to get shape files. Also, are shape files specific to a location? If so, I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada.

Thanks in advance.

Jordan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ramesh_sridharan
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous Shape files are just a file format to get your desired content into the product. If there is some specific type of information/layer/data you need to import into IW and visualize, Shape files is one of the option. 

Regards,

Ramesh S
Product Manager - Infrastructure Solutions

Ramesh.Sridharan@autodesk.com

Ramesh Sridharan
Product Manager
Message 3 of 5
tony1978

If you are talking about getting shapefiles to start a project I will get that data from either the city or county. I'm in Texas a large number of big cities will provide shapefiles of asbuilt data. You can also try Esri ArcGIS HUB. They have a large collection of free open public gis data that you can download. 

Tony Carcamo

President/Owner

Civil CAD Learning Solutions

DFW BIM Infrastructure User Group

LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | DFWBIUG |User Group

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for your replies @ramesh_sridharan and @tony1978.

I'm wanting shape files to start a new project and populate my model. I will check out Esri ArcGIS HUB.

Thanks!

Jordan

Message 5 of 5
oliverkisera
in reply to: tony1978

Yes I appreciate a lot your advice on trying Esri Arcgis Library for more data, allow me to ask this, Im in Kenya, in East Africa and Ive really been looking for shape files or Point Cloud data for a town called Migori, especially shape files for roads and the buildings that looks realistic, I mean textured buldings that depicts their facade in reality, Im in the process of doing a presentation for a road design within the same town and I would be happy if I could get shape files to import into Infraworks that looks real or close to reality, such that at least people can see images of the realistic buildings that exist on the ground as I make a storyboard around my design, is it possible to get such kinds of shape files within Esri, or do you have another alternative, Thanks a lot in advance for your replies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report